Geren Ford Bucket Bag

pidgeon92

O.G.
Feb 8, 2006
I was in Soho on Friday, and saw this fabulous handbag. I would have bought it then and there if I hadn't just purchased a Balenciaga the day before. It was $958 in this particular boutique. I just looked it up online today, and found that Rarechic has the bag, and it's 15% off this weekend. I then found a coupon code (ten10) for an additional 10% off, so I went ahead and ordered it, with shipping the total was $774. I think I got the last black one, it says it is now sold out.

http://www.rarechic.com/artist_view.php?id=20

It is a beautiful bag, extremely soft leather. It has the two pockets on the front and in the bag, so it looks the same on both sides. There is a hook inside the bag, and when you hook it up it becomes like a bucket. I'll post pics when it arrives. :yes:

Camel-Bucket-front307web-07034.jpg
Bucket-Camel-Side307web-07053.jpg

I just got a request for pics of this bag. I've had it for almost a year, but just started using it recently since if fits nicely over my heavy winter coat. Sadly, I understand this bag is no longer available, it's really wonderful.

This pic shows the clips inside that can be used to hold the bag kind of closed. Also note the magnets on the other sides that can also be used to hold the bag closed.

attachment.php

This picture shows the bag closed with the magnets only. This is the correct coloring, the bag is really black.

attachment.php

This pic shows the bag closed with both the hooks and magnets.

attachment.php

This picture shows the outer pockets (there are four, two on each side, the bag looks the same front and back). The outer pockets are usable, the clasps are decorative only.

attachment.php

This pic shows all my stuff. This bag will hold a lot.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GF_BB_01Empty.jpg
    GF_BB_01Empty.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 136
  • GF_BB_02Empty_Squishy.jpg
    GF_BB_02Empty_Squishy.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 132
  • GF_BB_03Empty_AllClosed.jpg
    GF_BB_03Empty_AllClosed.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 119
  • GF_BB_04OutsidePocket.jpg
    GF_BB_04OutsidePocket.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 115
  • GF_BB_05Filled.jpg
    GF_BB_05Filled.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 114
Here is a pic of the two open interior pockets. The one on the left holds my Nintendo DS, the one on the right has my cell phone.

attachment.php

This is the small zippered pocket on the other side. This is the only identifying label in the bag.

attachment.php

Detail of the outside strap. Completely adjustable.

attachment.php

View from the front/above.

attachment.php

View from the side/above.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GF_BB_10SideView.jpg
    GF_BB_10SideView.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 116
  • GF_BB_09FrontView.jpg
    GF_BB_09FrontView.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 116