Gerard Darel in the US

Woo hoo! Thanks TropicalGal!
So I called Hamrahs and they have a Gerald Darel bag in Luggage/Camel colour - which is just fine - I love those colours! $199 + $12 shipping!
Its on its way to me! Woo hoo! I got a Gerard Darel! I am doing my happy dance as we speak! HAHA

Thanks again TropicalGal!

Congrats, tenmosquito! :nuts: Post pics! :yes:

I spoke to the owner at Balissimo in Redondo Beach this afternoon, and for those who can wait until Aug/Sept, she will be getting more bags in. You have to preorder and be willing to pay half now on a credit card. 310-543-5540.

She said she will be getting the Charlotte "24" style in black, brown, red, and grey (maybe white too, I don't recall) and the other style that Bagshop has with the two pockets on the outside. I didn't ask about the colors in that second style.

Thanks pseub! That's very helpful. I think the other style bagshop has is also the Charlotte, but with pockets. Very helpful I know, but I think that's the way the GD website even describes it. Might have to think about one of those in red!

She said she will be getting the Charlotte "24" style in black, brown, red, and grey (maybe white too, I don't recall) and the other style that Bagshop has with the two pockets on the outside. I didn't ask about the colors in that second style.

^^Oh really! Do you know how much they charge for the reg. "24" bag? I wonder what the "red" will be like? A berry red, or a bright red?

She said the prices "will go up" in the fall, but she seemed to not be sure how much she would be charging. I told her I'd paid about $340 for the bag in Paris, and she said something like "that sounds about right." I did put myself on the list for the red, so I'll definitely post pics when it comes in. If it's a warmer red, I'll keep it, but if it's more blueish I'll probably get something else.

Yes, I went ahead and ordered the red. In for a penny, in for a pound. :P She said she wanted "half" upfront, so I'm guessing around $170? The boutique isn't that far from where I live, so I figure if I don't like it I can always return it and pick out another color.

Tenmosquito: I'm so happy for you! I saw that bag and was holding it and trying to decide between that one and the black one that I eventually bought.
Now this is a crazy world: I live in Mexico, and was visiting Cresskill on my once a year trip to New York...and you live in Toronto...and we both got bags from the same place at a great price. Now THAT's the power of the Internet! Enjoy and let us know when you get it. Keep the good karma working!
Cheers!

Woo hoo! Thanks TropicalGal!
So I called Hamrahs and they have a Gerald Darel bag in Luggage/Camel colour - which is just fine - I love those colours! $199 + $12 shipping!
Its on its way to me! Woo hoo! I got a Gerard Darel! I am doing my happy dance as we speak! HAHA

Thanks again TropicalGal!

PLEASE POST PICS!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE!!:tup:

Hi folks, I called and spoke to "Phyllis" at bagshop about the GD satchel (24 hr?) on the website. She has quite a few different colors, can't recall all, but here are some: blue, red, periwinkle, salmon,, and there goes what I remember, but there were more. If you are looking for color you might want to give them a call.

Hi folks, I called and spoke to "Phyllis" at bagshop about the GD satchel (24 hr?) on the website. She has quite a few different colors, can't recall all, but here are some: blue, red, periwinkle, salmon,, and there goes what I remember, but there were more. If you are looking for color you might want to give them a call.

Chessmont - do you know if is this for immediate order or a pre-order? My friend is now trying to find one now and she said that Bagshop has it listed as "Available Fall 07"?