gerard darel bag

BG JUST called me and told me they have it in brown. I said i want a black. My SA told me they have one on hold for someone else and I may be able to get it tomorrow.
My dilemma: I am on waiting list with Balissimo and BG. Balissimo is giong to cost me significantly less (at least 100 bucks) but I'm not sure whether I'll get one or not because of the long waiting list (But the lady told me it should be fine because black is not as popular as camel and tan). What should I do? Balissimo or BG?

I got the medium. The color is not like the pictures. It has more of a dirty overtone to the cream. There are several imperfections on my bag, just little black smudges and I called and they said they all have that. I'll have to put somethings in it and see how it looks. It is dark and grey here today too so a little sunshine and some spring or summer clothes may change my mind. I have 10 days to decide. It is a perfect size though. roomy enough and not too bulky or clumsy like the large appears to me.

essential said:
BG JUST called me and told me they have it in brown. I said i want a black. My SA told me they have one on hold for someone else and I may be able to get it tomorrow.
My dilemma: I am on waiting list with Balissimo and BG. Balissimo is giong to cost me significantly less (at least 100 bucks) but I'm not sure whether I'll get one or not because of the long waiting list (But the lady told me it should be fine because black is not as popular as camel and tan). What should I do? Balissimo or BG?

I'd wait and save $100! Balissimo will probably get more brown and black than anything else. If she told you it will be fine...she's been honest with me so far (I got my black from Toni @ Balissimo).

loren said:
well look who is pushing bags now LOL I just called her and she's busy so I'm going to call back in 10. I received 3 new bags today and I was disappointed in 2. I got the dior gaucho, the botkier trigger in large(it's okay) and the love of my life the balenciaga in ink. Still haven't found a black bag that I can carry but winter is almost over. I have a chocolate paddy and I'm stocking up on summer colors. So maybe the charlotte 24 will do it. thanks

lol, I am NOT pushing bags :P PLUS it is a small purchase price compared to the others, i.e. Dior Gaucho, B-bag, etc. I was merely being informative :amuse:

When I spoke to Toni at Bellisimo today, she told me she had no idea when she'd get the bags b/c they're coming from Europe. She didn't answer my question when I asked her how many she was getting in....

Greenie said:
I'd wait and save $100! Balissimo will probably get more brown and black than anything else. If she told you it will be fine...she's been honest with me so far (I got my black from Toni @ Balissimo).

I agree. I can't stand knowing in the back of my mind that I could've purchased something for less. :evil: $100 is no chump change!

essential said:

A $100 is huge. For me, it worked out to be $50 more, but I also have a credit sitting on my card with them, so it worked out... No tax, supposedly, since I'm in CA and they're in NY. I'd have to pay about $30 in CA taxes with Bellisimo. Why not wait and see for another week and see what the status is?

OK I'll wait then! 100 bucks is a significant chunk of money afterall.

The lady at Balissimo told me the shippment can come in anytime now. And I didn't ask for how many bags she's getting in.

wickedassin said:
Ok, I did the whole NO purses thing... BUT just so you know.... BG in NY carries GD now. I just called, the SA thought that they had black and brown in "normal" leather in stock. She also mentioned a knit bag... The leather ones cost $395 and $12.75 for shipping, but she told me that there would be NO tax since I'm in CA. Not sure if that's the case...

Bellisimo wasn't sure how long it would be until they received theirs and Toni told me that they get 3-4 calls/day about GD. I have a feeling that list is really long... So I went ahead and went with BG. Especially since I'd have to pay CA tax through Bellisimio. Plus my local NM told me I could return it to them at the customer service department...

My GD was $325 + CA tax, + $6 shipping, for a total of $357.81. I didn't know when I bought it that it was not returnable....but it worked out OK. She will do a credit within 7 days...so if anyone does order...you need to make sure it's something that you really want.

Bjara said:
My GD was $325 + CA tax, + $6 shipping, for a total of $357.81. I didn't know when I bought it that it was not returnable....but it worked out OK. She will do a credit within 7 days...so if anyone does order...you need to make sure it's something that you really want.

I'll pay the extra $50 to have the assurance I can return the purse--since I haven't seen really detailed photos of the purse. And I think I just have to see it in person... Plus I could ALWAYS return the BG one if I REALLY love it and order it through Bellisimo. I just don't know what size I'm getting....