Gelish, soak off gel polish

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinkle.tink

Choose to be happy
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
Since both Gillianna and I just order Gelish to try, I thought it would be good to start a new thread with our results and others to put the experiences and thoughts here rather than muck up the Shellac thread.

I ordered from: http://www.nailtechsupply.com/

I ordered the buy 3 polishes, get top coat free and base and get structure free, which also got me the the 'cleanser' free...I also ordered 1 polish and some various files to get to $100 for free shipping and $20 off $100 coupon (nailtech2).

Colors I got: Midnight caller, Ocean wave, ambience and june bride.

With the free shipping and coupon, I thought it was a pretty good deal, I got: base, sculpting gel (for repairs), 4 colors, top coate, cleanser (for removing film), 2 nail fails and 3 cuticle pushers for 84.80.

Here are the gelish instructions from a nail tech board I have been lurking on...
http://beautytech.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36567

Let's see how it goes....

Last edited:
Color chart for gelish:

attachment.php

One more chart, since pic looks a little different:

image002_full.gif

Attachments

• gelishcolors.jpg
    gelishcolors.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 84,642
Last edited:
ooh I am so confused now. I dont know which one to order! The Gelish or Shellac? I am not sure which product has the easiest application? I am not the greatest at painting nails. The colors is waay better with Gelish. Which system is more budget friendly? I was going to buy Shellac thru Buynails.com.....Any thoughts? :smile:

Great post twinkle.tink! I researched both systems and it seemed like Gelish was better for me, but according to the tech board it was (near) impossible to get with out a license. I'm almost afraid to order and then not be able to get it later!

My buynails.com order just shipped for the Shellac. I can't wait to try it out, it should be here Thursday.

Please keep us posted on the Gelish. It seems to possibly be superior to Shellac...I'm interested in you and Gilliana's experiences with it.

ooh I am so confused now. I dont know which one to order! The Gelish or Shellac? I am not sure which product has the easiest application? I am not the greatest at painting nails. The colors is waay better with Gelish. Which system is more budget friendly? I was going to buy Shellac thru Buynails.com.....Any thoughts? :smile:

I read that the Gelish is a slightly thicker consistency. I don't know if that helps you or not! The Gelish bottles are also bigger, so they may be a better value than the Shellac. It's hard to choose for sure!!!

If you haven't already, I would get a 36W lamp...as that can take awhile, and both gelish and shellac use that....

...but then why not wait a bit and see what Gillianna and I think. One the one hand the shellac was super easy, but the gelish might be as well, as certainly the gelish has way more colors.

If you haven't already, I would get a 36W lamp...as that can take awhile, and both gelish and shellac use that....

...but then why not wait a bit and see what Gillianna and I think. One the one hand the shellac was super easy, but the gelish might be as well, as certainly the gelish has way more colors.

I agree. I wish I would've waited now. The more I read, the more I think Gelish would suit my thin bendy nails better. Oh well, I can always sell my Shellac on evilBay after you and Gilliana post your reveiws! :P

Thanks again ladies, you guys are the best! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Curious to know about the Gelish nails too! I thought I had my heart set on Shellac, but as some of the other girls already mentioned, there are more colors with Gelish! Looking forward to your review! =)

The gelish seems to be in the same category like shellac and I think just as easy to apply. If you get twice the amount of polish for the money then gelish is a better value. I liked the gelish color selections. I do fine with shellac my nails are growing because the polish stays on so I think gelish will be just as good. Gelish also has a product that comes in a jar that you can put on before the polish (don't know if it also considered a gel type base coat that is thicker then the one in the bottle) but it is supposed to offer more strength to your nails or cover nail breakage. I did not order it but will wait till I get the gelish products and see if I feel I also need this. My nails have been doing great until I get crazy in the garden with the huge bags of potting soil and no gloves which did make me break 3 nails....

Status
Not open for further replies.