Home & Garden Garden Photographs to Share.....

it's been called the hottest summer on record for a while & the humidity has been insane, plus much more rain than we typcially get (lots of water logged potted plants look like blah ) but I'm not complaining as I know other parts of country (& countries) suffer far worse weather.

There is always hope that next year will be better. [emoji8]

^the anemone are beautiful, & the coreopsis is cheerful!

^love the blue! I think it might be morning glory. I don't know what the tree is, but it sure is pretty. Yay for your new coral bells!

^wow...what a sensational explosion of summer color!

Thank you. [emoji4]

^the anemone are beautiful, & the coreopsis is cheerful!

^love the blue! I think it might be morning glory. I don't know what the tree is, but it sure is pretty. Yay for your new coral bells!

^wow...what a sensational explosion of summer color!
yes, I agree & also think it's a morning glory (but I was confused because I thought they were only springtime flowers here, but maybe not!)

View attachment 3448134 Coreopsis, and Japanese Anemone, haven't been able to weed much at all, as there are baby frogs hiding everywhere in the garden again this year :smile:
View attachment 3448133
Beautiful, Pessie! We have tiny frogs in our garden too. They really make a lot of noise in the morning after a big rain!
Waiting for a few Fall season perennials ( like anemones) to pop up so here are a few current blooms ...love this shade of blue .... The tree is close to the street in the outer perimeter of our fence but I can see the blooms from house Windows & last pic excites me because I love " free plants" that just pop up on their own from seeding on its own or some creature doing it for me ( 2 free coral bells that I will relocate out of our crushed stone driveway) [emoji4]View attachment 3448255View attachment 3448256View attachment 3448257
So pretty, Kendie! I think you are winning the "free plant" lottery!
Very pretty pictures and plants. I like the blue one esp.
Our begonias are exploding right now.
View attachment 3448316
View attachment 3448317
View attachment 3448318
Wow, Ludmilla!! I have never seen such gorgeous begonias!

So my water lily saga continues! I'm posting this especially for remainsilly...so she knows she's not alone in her "orchid challenge"...I face the same challenge with this dang water lily! I noticed the plant has grown quite a bit more leaves but NO lily flowers[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]. 4 freaking years now & only 1 flower has shown up each summer. [emoji27]
@remainsilly
IMG_1472208775.378624.jpg

Reactions: Ludmilla
So my water lily saga continues! I'm posting this especially for remainsilly...so she knows she's not alone in her "orchid challenge"...I face the same challenge with this dang water lily! I noticed the plant has grown quite a bit more leaves but NO lily flowers[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]. 4 freaking years now & only 1 flower has shown up each summer. [emoji27]
@remainsilly
View attachment 3449958

Maybe it's a special breed that has only one flower each year?? ;)
Your pond is gorgeous!

Reactions: Kendie26