Garden Party - creases on the canvas

MrsS, I see it too. It doesn't look right. Definitely take it back to the store to have them do something about it. I do not believe this is part of the "normal wear and tear".

Just to give you all an update.

I brought my Rouge Imperiale GP to have it checked by our local craftsman, Frank, and he could only shake his head. He does not think that there is anything that he can do at all. My heart dropped. (I was thinking if I had got myself a lemon!)

The collective understanding I got from my SA and him was that the part of the canvas under the press buttons on both side were under stress (all I did was clamp the bag under my arm!) and therefore it's revealing the original colour of the canvas underneath. My own interpretation stemming from this discussion, is that the red colour dye has not completely penetrated the canvas, or has not penetrated deep and thoroughly enough, and therefore even superficial scratches reveal its under-layer.

What is equally puzzling is that the canvas has some bumps on it, and the surface is uneven.

I asked if I am the first customer to report such a problem, and was told yes.

I asked if the bag can be washed and the craftsman said the colour will fade (owners of GP, please take note), and may leave a white patch if the dry cleaner does a lousy job of it.

I stood there helpless and then heard the good news! My store manager has authorised my GP to be sent back to Paris to let them see the problem themselves. Apparently dyeing canvas for the GP is something pretty new (is this true, HG?) I haven't a clue what will happen. I hope they give me my money back! Does anyone know what are the possible outcomes for me?