Books & Music Game Of Thrones - The books

Would anyone care to do a book discussion? Since Sweetwon will be starting with book 1, it would be sort of fun. Maybe one of the people who have read all of the books can help.

^I am well into SOS now and I'm really sad and perplexed, not shock though. I'm really disappointed with the revelation of some of the characters. I'm not finished yet.

For the people that are going to start the series, the first book is very slow in the beginning. Don't give up...it gets really good suddenly.

Long but fantastic interview with G.R.R.M. It's a google/youtube Q&A session. After 16 minutes, still kept to first book as not to spoil the series for new readers. (also those who have only seen the show). I have to finish it later.

No...there is only this one in Books & Music. Both mods and other members suggested a separate book thread because it got confusing differentiating between appropriate T.V. "no book spoilers" and "spoiler ok" T.V. forum Book Vs. Show. :girlwhack:

So talk about the books all you want here!! :yahoo:

I remember someone created one, but I think it got lost in the Forum Crash of 2011....Anywhoo, good to know.

I'm still behind in the series, so I will avoid this thread for a while. Happy chatting!

Long but fantastic interview with G.R.R.M. It's a google/youtube Q&A session. After 16 minutes, still kept to first book as not to spoil the series for new readers. (also those who have only seen the show). I have to finish it later.

I just finished watching. What an interesting and complex man! There were lots of great thought provoking questions which George did not disappoint anyone with his answers. I highly recommend it...No spoilers except he does mention the death of one character, not by name but referring to them in a derogatory way, that may be figured out.

I remember someone created one, but I think it got lost in the Forum Crash of 2011....Anywhoo, good to know.

I'm still behind in the series, so I will avoid this thread for a while. Happy chatting!

Ladybug09: There are a few people that are just starting. I think if we start just with discussing the first book as they catch up, it could work.

^I am well into SOS now and I'm really sad and perplexed, not shock though. I'm really disappointed with the revelation of some of the characters. I'm not finished yet.

For the people that are going to start the series, the first book is very slow in the beginning. Don't give up...it gets really good suddenly.

It was really slow going, I think until around a hundred pages in.

^That makes me feel better. I feel like there are too many different characters right now and I cannot keep track of them all. Only about 50 pages in now, didn't have a lot of time to read yesterday. Hopefully that changes today!