GAME of THRONES - HBO - Seasons 1-3 **NO book spoilers!**

finally caught episode 1. I did not read the books, so I am a complete blank slate on this whole thing, but I really enjoyed it. I am glad I watched some of the preview and special introductory material on HBO, or I would have been confused.

All I can say is.....

BRAN!!! I cant believe what happened at the end there. waaaah

And, the little wolf cubs are SO CUTE!!!

It was so heartbreaking to see Ned have to kill Lady. And poor Arya...her friend (the butchers son) was killed for NO reason other than spite! That little prince is so evil but it makes sense since his mother is the spawn of the devil. :cursing:

Right now, IMO, the show is really slow. There has to be character development which is very necessary and I'm sure it will pick up soon. There is no way that a show can be as detailed as the book. I'm not sure how many episodes HBO has planned for Season 1. Does anyone know?

Ladybug: Please start the book! I want to have someone to discuss it with :chatty:

It was so heartbreaking to see Ned have to kill Lady. And poor Arya...her friend (the butchers son) was killed for NO reason other than spite! That little prince is so evil but it makes sense since his mother is the spawn of the devil. :cursing:

Right now, IMO, the show is really slow. There has to be character development which is very necessary and I'm sure it will pick up soon. There is no way that a show can be as detailed as the book. I'm not sure how many episodes HBO has planned for Season 1. Does anyone know?

Ladybug: Please start the book! I want to have someone to discuss it with :chatty:

Admat, I was able to find a copy of the first book on en epub site for free. I have ALL of them down loaded on my Nook and started reading GoT last night. Righ now I am on Chapter 2 Bran. I am a fast reader, but I also read multiple books at one time. If you want to PM me, we can discuss it that way, as I don't think I'm going to post on the book spoiler thread for a while yet. I don't want to read something that my be a spoiler in the book or later in the series. When I get about to Chapter 6 I will let you know. When I was reading the Table of Contents, I was like, Dang, that's a lot of chapters.:lol::biggrin:

I believe I read somewhere that there will be 9 episodes.

Below is just my musing and NOT spoilers from the book:

I think that the brown haired child the queen was talking about, if she wasn't lying, was truly her child with the King, and because of how evil she is, I would not be surprised if she killed him. Since all the other 3 kids are blondes, I think that they are her brother children with her. Ewwww.

Liking the dwarf guy....he's not as frivolous as he tries to make people think he is.

The younger sister Arya, can't wait to read/see her character development. Loved how she made a punk out of the little prince.

The older sister, she wants to be married so bad, seems like she would turn on her family, and i don't trust her. She knew she saw everything, but didn't want to upset the prince, and by her not saying Anything, it came back to bite her. I think now that Lady is killed (I don't really think she is dead), that the daughter will get over her blindness to being in the Lannister family.

Loving their allegiance to their family/clan.

The son Snow, he is a cutie, and can't wait to see his evolvement also.

Loved, LOVED LOVED how Bran and Arya's direwolves protected him. The Queen is very strong, but I think that the only reason why she left Bran's site was after seeing his wolf protect him. She knows that as long as the wolf is there, her son will be ok.

The blond haired people....really wanting to see/read how her rship evolves with the Drothgar or whatever his name is. LOL

I tried watching it...but after last night's killing the butcher's son, and the pup...I'm done.

??? Well it's part of the book and part of the show. Everything is not daisys and buttercups, and unfortunately during those time like that, people and yes animals were treated cruely. Sad, but a testament of the times.

I would continue to watch. So far I like this better than the Borgias and Camelot combined.