Gallery Patent Wristlet for 13 Year Old Sister?

1. I was browsing the website today and found the Gallery Patent Wristlet in Magenta. I wouldn't personally get it for myself but it just reminds me of something that a younger teenager would love. My sister is graduating from 8th grade this May and I'd really like to get her something from Coach...I'm just not sure if this is something she'd like. I could always just show it to her now and ask if she likes it. She'd probably crinkle her nose up and say "ew"...but I do think it's cute for a younger girl. What do you ladies think? Should I go for something signature? Or should I stick to brighter colors? What would you do if you were buying for a 13 (soon to be 14 that June) year old girl?

http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?category_id=191&product_no=%2010004

2. I agree, I think it would be a cute wristlet for a 14 year old. Personally I think that some of the signature stuff would look to old for that age, again that's just my opinion, but I would go with the brighter colors!

3. My only question would be, how well would the patent leather hold up to the abuse that a 13 year old could dish out? From what I remember of my youth and patent leather shoes, they scuff easily.

I bought my Mom a similar wristlet in a plain black leather. She hikes a lot and I picked it out because I figured she couldn't do much to destroy it.

4. Oh I'm not worried about that. She takes very good care of her stuff. She's not destructive in the least bit. She came home from school and I showed it to her and she hated it anyway, so I'm glad I asked her beforehand.

5. i think the signature looks younger personally. My 14 year old sister has 4 of the sig bags and at least 2 wristlets. she just cant get enough of them

6. I've found that the younger crowd really likes the signature BUT go crazy when we have anything pink! I think the patent wristlet in magenta is a great gift idea for that age... I want the mini skinny myself!

7. I personally would have :heart::heart::heart::heart:ed to have that patent wristlet when I was 13!!!!!

I think it's a great choice!!!

Espeically since you said she takes good care of her things.

I would GO for it. I :heart: Pink!!!! In fact I would love to have one and I'm 24!!! :p

8. I think it's a good idea!

9. Oh I'm not worried about that. She takes very good care of her stuff. She's not destructive in the least bit. She came home from school and I showed it to her and she hated it anyway, so I'm glad I asked her beforehand.

well i'll be your little sis!! i'm not 14 but i like it...

10. :lol:

11. lol really! maybe she'd like the magenta anyway, but I know all the high school girls have signature, it's very popular for teenagers! so i'd bet she would love something signature- what about like a little carly demi or something small?

12. i'd say go with signature because that's a lot more classic and it won't go out of style as quick as the magenta patent.

13. Haha, I have a Carly demi and I know she'd want the khaki/saddle so I don't want the two to get confused together. I think I'll go for a signature wristlet instead...that'll last her into adulthood and seems a bit more practical.

14. Most of the younger gals, especially if its their first coach..want the signature. They want it to be known when they are carrying that bag/wristlet through the mall that it is a COACH. At least thats how it is where I live.
    I like the patent leather for myself..lol I love bright bold colors, and I am almost 40...err...almost.
    my daughter who is 16( does not own a coach) does not care for the signature print. She loves the legacy stripe.
    I must say, you are a very nice older sis!