FYI about pearl cc earrings....

1. I got these as a present for christmas last year (2006). BEAUTIFUL! They cost 240. I wore them pretty much everyday...but THEN i noticed...ONE OF THE PEARLS FELL OUT! :cursing: I thought that since these were REAL they would have held up better. I tried to get a replacement, but they were sold out. I ended up getting a store credit to Saks. Unbelievable. Therefore I only wear the $10 ones from the street...i'm sorry but I thought Chanel would have been more durable.:tdown:

2. their costume jewelry is somewhat notorious for this. . .

3. really? cause i have two other pairs of their earrings...they're drops with a circular disk with the cc's...and i've never had a problem with those. it just makes me mad lol

4. I haven't had any problems with my costume jewellery, but I have read about others with problems, here on this forum.

5. what a rip-off. :nogood:

6. I actually only have one piece and Ive never had an issue before either. . . I shouldn't have said notorious. . .
    I just mean it's not unheard of. It's "costume" jewelry and I agree for the $ it shouldn't ever fail, but just like everything else, for every 100 pairs out there, there's going to be a couple that do.

7. I have to say, I was talking to my friend (who also LOVES Chanel) on the phone about this. I have the rhinestone CC's, and I have lost all but one of the stones out of one, and about 4 of the stones in the other. I live NOWHERE near a Chanel, so I haven't been able to take them back. They just sit in my jewelry armoire. :cursing:

I now tend to buy accessories without any stones in them, just for this reason.

I am so sorry this happened to you.

I know we EXPECT more, but I guess in the end, it is just like Swanky says, it IS JUST costume jewelry. :sad:

8. I agree that Chanel's quality is only so-so. I have a belt from them with the mini-pearls in the CCs... it has lost 2 pearls from the CCs as well as the bloody thing SNAPPED with fairly infrequent wear.

Unfortunately it's passed the one year mark so I have to pay for the repair since it's considered "normal wear and tear" when the manager looked at it. Not very happy and I've read about other problems with the rhinestones falling out too.

9. I have never had a problem with stones falling out, but what DID happen to me is, I bought a pair of earrings and the earrings are fine, but the back to them, that clear disk thing with the metal in the middle? I went to try the earring on and as I was taking it off, the metal middle seperated from the clear disk, rendering the post unuseable. They will be going right back.

If Chanel would just set their crystals or pearls with some prongs, then they would never fall out.

10. OH, I completely forgot... I ALSO bought the doctor bracelet, belt, AND necklace.

ALL of them had problems! The 4th time I wore the bracelet, the blister pack pill just popped off. Didn't bang it on anything! Just came off. Didn't even notice. So, I lost it. Sent it in for repair, they sent it back with a CC dangle in replace of the blister pack pill. To say the least, I was upset, because I thought that was the cutest charm on there! So, I sent it back and got a refund.

My belt CAME broken in the mail. THE same piece, the blister pack pill! ARGH! Sent it back.

AND the necklace, one of the rhinestones came out of the medical charm on the very end piece. Chanel did replace that one, however.

I completely forgot about all those issues!

Geez... LOL

11. Yikes...makes me rethink buying more Chanel costume jewelry with stones set in them :weird: