Funny Wedding Stories?

1. On another blog that I frequent, the topic of the day was weird, wacky, or just plain bad weddings that you've been to, or maybe your own had some mishaps? I'm not married yet but I'm all ears! Let's hear them! :biggrin:
  2. I don't have anything weird or wacky, but a wedding I went to almost 2 years ago in Florida was hit by a hurricane. Hurricane Jeanne. We were stuck there for an extra day, and during the reception, you could see the windows buckling and the boats outside swaying heavily. Our hotel room was flooded - they came by to sandbag our back door since it opened out to a balconey overlooking the water.
  3. Nothing too crazy but we got married in Maui on the beach.. During our vows, a group of Japanese tourists came up & started crazily snapping pictures of us, like paparazzi! I guess I'm in someone's photo album somewhere:biggrin:
  4. LOL!!! :lol:

I'm going to take one from the other blog, it's posted by someone named: jacklynky

"The only other incident I can think of was when my niece got married. We had all been given these boxes with a butterfly in them to set free when the ceremony was complete. My husband opened his and the poor butterfly was almost dead. It limply flew out and wobbled around manically, flying into my husband's face. Then the poor thing just dive bombed onto the ground. We got the giggles and I was crying I laughed so hard while trying to keep quiet. It's probably not nice to laugh at a dead butterfly, but it was just so darn bizarre."
  5. ^^^ that's funny and sad for the butterfly.:amuse:
  6. Great thread!

My wedding was very small...didn't fill up even half the church pews of our fairly large church. Just about everyone there knew me pretty well and knew how excited I was to get married. If anyone were to bet they would've bet on Nick getting the cold feet, not me.

So, needless to say, as the wedding didn't start .... and didn't start ........ and didn't start .... some folks started getting a little nervous.

Our pastor finally came out and made an announcement. He said, "I just want you all to know that the wedding will began *clears throat* as soon as we can find the bride." I guess the looks on the guests was priceless and I wish I had a picture! Gasps were all around!!! :roflmfao:

Then he starts laughing (he's a total jokester) and says that we're just waiting on my grandmother (who didn't show up by the way!!! until the halfway through the reception :mad: ) who was stuck in traffic because of a horrible accident.

I think some of my friends/family almost had heart attacks. I thought it was hilarious.

Otherwise it was a wonderful event that I love to think about and look back on our photos.
  7. I am not yet married ... ((will be on May 19th, 2007:biggrin: ))) but as an Occasional Wedding Singer I have seen plenty of stuff... I think my all-time fav was a beautiful $200k Jewish wedding ... 4 course meal ... 3 ft flowers 12p. Band ... the works. The bride was.. well .. Fairly "ample" And when they did the bit with the singing of the "Hora" -god for like 20 min...With the chairs raised Bride and Groom happy stuff...Her chair ...ummm disenterigrated into a million pieces and she fell, tho luckily there were all the guys to break her fall. No one was hurt and she had a great sense of humor ... she asked us if we could cover Sir-Mix-a lot’s “I like big butts" :roflmfao: :roflmfao: