Funny Coach Creed

1. Any of you experts ever seen a creed like this one? I am befuddled by it.
  2. It looks like one from the older bags. I had a luggage colored bag just like that.
  3. I have an old Coach leather bag (80s or early90s) and it has that same creed tag in it.
  4. This is a fake. Coach bags of this style/creed were made in the 80's. At the time, they were made in USA. Now, almost all of them are manufactured in China.

This one says Korea.

This has some good info in it, #11 addresses this issue.
  5. Sorry, I think it's fake. I have had that bag for many years and I just checked and there is no creed inside it at all. This bag was made before they put lining inside so there is no cell phone pocket or any pocket except a zipped pocket on the back wall, front open pocket when you lift the flap and an open back pocket. Definitely no creed.
  6. I also agree - fake. A creed for an 80's era bag would state that the bag was made in the United States - to my knowledge, and it's certainly not expert-level, Coach has never manufactured in Korea. The spacing on the text is also off, I believe.
  7. Do you know approx. when you got it? I would think it should be on the back pocket. I thought that all Coach bags had creeds, even way back when...even before the Bonnie Cashin days. :confused1:

It should look like this:

You might have a relic on your hands! :yes:
  8. Oops...I looked again and it is there. I didn't look low enough on the back wall of the bag. It is impressed in the leather and the words are pretty faint and hard to read (either my eyes or thru use). I definitely purchased it in a dept. store (don't remember which one) and it had to be maybe early 90's. At the time, it was my first expensive bag purchase and I still feel it was a good decision: I LOVE the bag! After all these years (I used to use it every just sometimes) it still feels wonderful and looks in perfect condition.
  9. Yep, it can wear off with time, especially in a smaller bag. The purse contents tend to rub up against it. I'm glad that yours had one...I was getting a little worried! :sweatdrop:

I have about 10 black bags purchased at that same time. I don't think I will ever get rid of them...they too were the start of my love for finer bags.

You have to love those Coach, they held/hold up forever! :smile:
  10. good call ladies. fake.