Fuming NYC bride sues florist over flower color

1. Lawsuit seeks more than $400,000 over color of hydrangeas

NEW YORK - The wedding was lovely, except for the flowers: They were the wrong color.
    So says the bride, Elana Glatt, who was so upset that she sued the florist and alleged breach of contract.
    She says Posy Floral Design in Manhattan substituted pastel pink and green hydrangeas for the dark rust and green ones she had specified for 22 centerpieces.

Not only that, she alleges that the hydrangeas were wilted and brown, and arranged in dusty vases without enough water.

“The use of predominantly pastel centerpieces had a significant impact on the look of the room and was entirely inconsistent with the vision the plaintiffs had bargained for,” Glatt, a lawyer, said in the lawsuit, filed on behalf of herself, her husband, David, and her mother-in-law, Tobi Glatt, who paid for the flowers.
    The flowers cost $27,435.14. The lawsuit asks for more than $400,000 in restitution and damages.
    Stamos Arakas, the florist, said that he and his wife, Paula, tried to match the color of the hydrangeas with a picture Glatt had given them, but explained to her that the colors might not look the same.

“My father used to tell me, ‘Don’t deal with the lawyers,” Arakas said. “Maybe he was right, God bless his soul.”

(http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12784368/)

If I were a bride, I don't think I'd sue over the wrong color. If most of the flowers were dead or dying, I might have a problem.

2. Bridezilla much! Gimme a break.

3. 400.000 seems a bit over the top... if the flower were beneath standard why not a full refund... the wedding was lovely she said...

4. Wow. I guess she fails to realize that some FAMILIES live on less PER YEAR than she spent (27k) on her ridiculous flowers. :rolleyes:

5. Kind of seems like a case that was posted a few months ago about the lawyer who sued the drycleaners over the lost pants that were lost for something like 2 weeks and then he refused to take them back.

6. Just another bride who doesn't understand what a wedding really means.
    I think Shakespeare was right about lawyers.

7. That's a lot of money to spend on dry, wilted flowers that were also the wrong color. Think of all the bags you could buy with $27,435.14! :nuts:

8. She needs to get over herself. If they were bad flowers then fair enough but sueing for 400,000? She's lost all respect and made herself to look like an idiot.

9. If anything, the centerpieces should be reimbursed- and that is beyond pushing it. I really can't even believe what some people do. Whatever, something will bite her in the rear some day.

10. I feel bad for the poor man she married. :sad:

11. 27,000 dollars is alot of money. I'd be upset if they were sub-par as well. $400,000 is unreasonable but restitution should be made.

12. LOL I ordered ivory roses, they bloody came yellow, I was furious but did nothing, looks like i missed out on a fortune! Too late to sue 23 years down the line?:roflmfao:

13. You guys hit the nail on the head.

While the colors might have turned out kind of "off"...it sounds like the florist warned her it might be not be possible to get the color exactly right.

At any rate....if the flowers were dead or damaged, I could see a refund of some sort. But this is ridiculous. Spoiled brat?

14. Let me clarify: when I said I would have a problem with dead or damaged flowers, I wouldn't try to solve it by suing the florist.

15. I saw pics of floral arrangement of their wedding on NY POST. The arrangement was lavish & gorgeous, really TDF! Perhaps it was not the exact color, but there was nothing "embarrassing", to quote the bride, about the flora-scape!! I feel for the florist, and what a shame that they are going through this... And if you can spurge a cool $27,000 on just flowers without blinking, you can't be cool with the fact that the flower color was JUST a bit off??? Silly