Full Body Lipo at PBC

tofu.mako

Mar 20, 2024
I read a lot…..and I mean a lot of posts here about full body liposuction and it was truly helpful for me.
I’m hoping my experience will be helpful to others as well.

I wasn’t always a big girl, but life kinda finds a way to creep up on you. Before I realized it, I felt like I didn’t have control of my body anymore and it was really affecting my mental wellbeing. I would casually think of liposuction and actually reached out to a few places a long time ago but was discouraged by how high the cost was. It wasn’t until I chanced upon this forum that I read about PBC and how they’re able to do full body liposuction within my budget, but even then I wasn’t completely sold on the idea until I reached out to them and asked some questions.

Talking to Hyelim really sold it for me. I instantly felt so comfortable talking to her. I reached out to her in the beginning of December 2023 and I asked every single question under the sun. I’m sure I was annoying because I definitely asked the same questions multiple times. I’ve never done any surgeries before let alone travel to a different country for it so I wanted to be 100% sure. Hyelim was so incredibly patient and never once made me feel like I was a bother or that I asked stupid questions. So much, that I paid my deposit that month and booked my full body lipo for March 2024.

Now I don’t speak Korean at all. I remember a few phrases from K-dramas I watched in high school and that’s all lol.
But don’t worry! When I got to the clinic I met Angelina who speaks fluent English too! Angelina is such an inspiration. When I saw her, all I could think about is how I want my results to look as similar to her as possible. Angelina helped translate between Dr.Jung and I regarding the liposuction procedure and what I wanted. I felt confident that she understood my concerns and advocated for me.

Because I’m on the bigger side, we split my liposuction into three sessions. Not only did I do full body, I included calves, chin and cheeks as well.

So a lot of reviews on here said they felt no pain or that it was manageable. I also read a good handful saying healing is pretty fast. Let me be super clear that the more fat you remove, the worse the pain and the longer the healing process is. If you anticipate getting rid of a lot of fat, please please please bring a plus one to help you. If you decide to go for it and you’re looking for accommodations, rent something on the first floor or a building with an elevator. You’re also gonna appreciate the toilet having a bidet. Another thing to think about is that you’ll be going back to the clinic almost everyday for post op treatments and/or wound cleanings so booking something nearby will save you on taxi fees.

I did my tummy the first morning I arrived in Korea. Angelina walked me up to the operating room and stayed with me until I fell asleep under general anesthesia. When I woke up, I was in the recovery room. Everything felt like it happened so fast that there was no time to feel scared or anxious. The nurses do not speak English, but Hyelim was there the whole time to make sure I was ok. She has such an amazing way of making you feel calm and reassured. For this particular surgery, I was leaking A LOT. The clinic gave me some pads but they’re a little small. Bring doggy pee pads in case you’re also a leaker. When I was ready to leave, Hyelim helped me into the cab to get home. Pain wise, my tummy felt tight and there was sharp pain if I didn’t move slowly. It became more manageable when I took tylenol.

I did my second surgery three days later. This time around we did the back of my arms, calves and back. I didn’t leak for this surgery which is really nice! In hindsight, the pain in my arms wasn’t bad at all. The pain was almost exclusively on my back. This wasn’t great because I was still recovering from my tummy lipo days prior.

My third surgery was originally supposed to be 3 days after the second surgery, but I’m so so thankful that Angelina knew I needed a bit more time to heal before doing the last surgery. If we had done the surgery as previously scheduled, Dr.Jung wouldn’t be able to remove the maximum amount of fat because I wasn’t feeling my best. But I paid a pretty penny for this experience so I wanted to part ways with my fats as much as possible. Even though they were fully booked, Angelina was able to work her magic and have me back in a few days later for my last surgery.

For my last surgery, I had fat removed in my cheeks, chin and thighs. Every single time I wake up post surgery, I always look forward to chatting with Hyelim! Guys….thigh lipo is no joke. SO MUCH PAIN. SO SO SO MUCH PAIN.

Couple things I wanna mention. You’ll get super swollen usually on the second day. This goes down by the 3-4th day but this is also the time when the pain is at its worst. You need to have good air circulation for the compression garment to fully dry quickly. My airbnb is a super old building with the tiniest window, so it took almost double the amount of time to dry (it’s supposed to only take 2-3hrs). If you’re staying in a place with bad air flow, just buy a second set of compression garments. Yes they’re expensive, but you do NOT ever ever want to be without the compression garment. The days I wasn’t wearing the garment because I was waiting for it to dry were the worst. I was already suffering from the pain, but not wearing the garment made me throw up and feel so weak and light headed.

My next piece of advice is to walk. Walk. Walk. Walk. Walking increased blood circulation and decreases swelling. On days I was feeling terrible and stayed in bed all day, I couldn’t make a fist with my hand. Walking made all the difference. On days I struggled to walk, I would head to the mall. You can rent wheelchairs for free (bring your passport) and I would use the wheelchair to push like a walker. Whenever I reached my limit, I would sit in the wheelchair and have my boyfriend push me around lol.

Dr.Jung was amazing. A true liposuction wizard. He was able to remove almost 18,000CC. Despite being so swollen, in one week I’ve already lost 7 inches on my tummy! I’ve gained weight and I’m so incredibly swollen, but as the days go by, I can tell I’m losing inches.

Hyelim and Angelina were so kind and thoughtful throughout this experience. They would check in regularly - even on days the clinic wasn’t open guys! I received a list of food to eat to help me heal faster and they would get me in for post op treatments to ensure I was feeling okay and healing as quickly as possible. If you guys are thinking of liposuction but are unsure, all you need to do is reach out to them. I haven’t even seen my full results yet but I already feel like I’m regaining control of my body again and it’s a feeling I haven’t felt in such a long time.

Reactions: mymarshmallowdream