Arts & Crafts Frustrated... where to buy origami paper at walk-in stores?

lightdays

O.G.
Feb 18, 2009
I'm trying to look for some origami paper I can buy at a retail walk in store, but I can't seem to find any. Target doesn't have any, the local Asians shop don't have any here, Toys'R'Us do not have any either. Where can you get them?!

I'm trying to look for some origami paper I can buy at a retail walk in store, but I can't seem to find any. Target doesn't have any, the local Asians shop don't have any here, Toys'R'Us do not have any either. Where can you get them?!

Near me AC Moore, Michaels & Joanns all carry it.

ETA: I've seen it at Borders & Barnes and Noble before as well.

A quick Googles suggests:

Asahiya Bookstores

Bunka Do
340 East First St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Phone: (213) 625-8673
About 1 block from the Japanese-American National Museum in the Little Tokyo area of downtown Los Angeles. Carries a large selection of paper and a small selection of books, including books by Fuse and Brill.

Dick Blick

Kinokuniya Bookstore
123 Onizuka Street, Suite 205
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Phone: (213) 687-4480
The store is located on the second level of an outdoor mall, Weller Court, that is attached to the New Otani Hotel, near Los Angeles City Hall (about 4 flocks from the Civic Center Subway station). Japanese bookstore with imported books, prepackaged paper and washi. There are other stores in the area that carry origami books and supplies.

Legion Paper
6333 Chalet Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90040
Phone (800) 727-3716
Fax (562) 927-6100
International Phone (562) 928-5600
E-mail: [email protected]
Wholesaler of fine art paper. Check the website for local shops that retail papers imported by Legion.