From Blonde to Red, what are your thoughts?

Never too old! I just got talked into a few highlights in my brown hair that are far from subtle but they are really fun, especially for summer. I'm thinking I might experiment a bit more. I thought I'd left that all behind in my youth. Guess not. Enjoy your new look!! ;)

Coldplaylover said:
I change my color like every 6 months. When I am red my hair has trouble holding on to it's vibrancy so I know it won't look the same after a few weeks no matter what shampoo I use.

I've heard that red hair dyes are the most prone to fading. I don't know why that happens.

Congratulations on your new haircolour - a change is always a good thing! Its nice to meet a new face in the mirror every now and then, and maybe try clothes in new colours. That will also make your family & friend look at you in a new way and not take you for granted. You are brave to make a change!

I am 41 and I change my haircolour every season, not always dramatically, but at least with highligts. My natural haircolour is light brown with some grey, and I like blonde highlights during summertime and rust/coppery for fall. Then maybe a darker brown shade for winter and back to blonde for spring/summer again. I have had from darkest brown, over bright copper to very blonde hair and also tried some carzy colour highlights just for fun. The best thing is the feeling of "new start" with a change of haircolour -and if you dont feel comfortable in it, you can always change to something else.

I say Go for it! and also get some nice scarfs & tops to match your new hairstyle!

Excellent, I really appreciate all your replies. What is really nice as well, is that I feel part of such a lovely community talking to people who are genuinely interested and take the time to offer their thoughts.

Thank you.

Hiya,
I had blonde hair and then went red for about 5 years (which I loved). I am now back to blonde as I got sick of the red! I think the most difficult part was getting rid of the red and back to blonde again- my hairdresser did not want to ruin my hair so he just did lots and lots of foils over a long period of time.

enjoy your red hair- it really is lots of fun!

I'm a bottle redhead too (from brown) and way older than you. I love the red. Yes, it does fade more easily than other colors--red is the most unstable dye and some of the dyes are better than other. I do have to do my makeup around the color--some makeup colors simply don't work. I tend to do only one of 2 lipsticks--Chanel Rouge Noir or Lune Rousse and everything else gets keyed to that. I don't think age should be a factor, but I have noticed that with red hair, it's better to be slim. Have fun with it!