From Birkin to Kelly?

1. I've been a birkin girl all of my H life, but I was thinking of getting a Kelly tonight, since my SA just called me to tell me that there are quite a few very nice Kelly bags that came in. Right now I have 4 birkins, all 35, and am waiting for the perfect 30. However, if I can find a nice Kelly I think I may be open to it.

Has anyone else been in this situation? I really love Birkin, but could I love Kelly too? :heart::roflmfao:

So my question is, should I take the Kelly plunge? Or stay in the birkin safety zone :smile:

Help! :nuts:
  2. I love both!
  3. A lovely! Get a smaller one for evening, Berlyn, see how you like it....I guarantee you'll then get a larger one for days and will be toting it around just like your Birkins! :heart:
  4. What a wonderful dilemma to have! I think you should go try on a kelly and see. Maybe dressed in what I would call "nice everyday" clothes. Then you'll know what you should do. Good luck!
  5. Yes, there is something lovely and elegant about the Kelly :smile: Is it hard to get in and out of? I am just wondering about ease of use. I am so in love with H, nothing else comes close!

lvrjrt: I'm going to go in tonight :nuts: I'm excited and hopeful at the same time. I am just hoping I love it and don't regret not waiting for a birkin. This is kind of a spur of the moment bag :smile:
  6. Visit the thread called something like "Be Honest do you use your Kelly as an everyday bag"

You will be on the phone to your SA minutes after reading it! I adorrrrrrrrrrrrre mine!
  7. First H love...Birkin... Next...flirtation w/ Kelly... Now serious Kelly addiction...
  8. So easy to get in and out of...I just use the turnkey throught the top flap - so, just turn the key, open the flap, hey presto! It's super easy.

Seems a little fussy at the start, but if you leave the straps under the flap, it's a breeze.
  9. I am interested to see what you decide -- I have ben finding myself being called to the kelly as well.
  10. I say go for the Kelly :yes: You already have 4 Birkins. The Kelly would give you some variety. I've seen it worn with dressy clothes as well as casual clothes. Its an iconic bag (well, the Birkin is too :smile:.....but you have Birkins). Give Kelly a try!
  11. Berlyn! That is so exciting- I cannot wait to hear how it went tonight! I have always wanted a birkin, but sometimes, opportunity strikes and you get the chance to own a bag of a lifetime. Kellys are just those kids of bags, so if you love it, go for it, especially since you already have birkins. And I know that this will not be the last, a birkin will always in your reach and heart!
  12. I am glad to hear that Kellys are easier to use than they seem :smile: Does anyone have any opinions on size? I like big bags but I don't need anything HUGE.

Jag: I'm glad my favorite mod chimed in :nuts: You're right, a birkin is always in reach.

Maybe I do need some variety, and a new love...that could be dangerous! :roflmfao:
  13. I use my Birkin much more than any Kelly I have, but I have to say that everyone should have at least one Kelly since there is truly no other handbag like it in the world. So feminine, iconic and chic.
  14. Size wise, I usually carry a 35 Birkin. The smallest Kelly I have is 28 and it is a painful tight squeeze for me so 32 is easier but 35 is too big on my 5'3" frame.
  15. Berlyn, If you have your mind on Kelly then definitey purchase one. :smile: They are two different bags and that will give you more options in your wardrobe. Good luck. :smile: