Friend makes me doubt LV

Life's too short to let yourself take that kind of abuse from a 'friend'. I've been in these kinds of situations in the past, and stayed in relationships way too long. Once I let those relationships go, it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.
Do what makes you happy and be good to yourself....both with your LV purchases and your friendships.

So did you ask her how come she was so desperately looking for a fake speedy? Is she a wannabe too? HAHA

GET THE BAG! As long as YOU love it, who cares what she thinks. & don't let her go with you to buy it! =P

Her telling you LV is lame while trying to find a LAME fake speedy is just.... well lame! Don't even think twice, go get your Speedy because you know you'll love it.

your friend is so wrong, people who carry lv have no style?
i think your friend needs to look at the LV IN ACTION thread here! Gorgeous people with amazing style!

please don't let her talk you out of your love! my colleages think i am CRAZY and one of them (a guy who spends most of his money on beer :P) sometimes really makes me feel bad about my lv's
but you know what, I love my lv's and i don't really care anymore what other people say

and by the way, i think a mono speedy is way more classy then a chloe padington
those kinds of bags go out of style, a speedy will never go out of style

you don't need friends like that... or at least I don't.
Call me mean or nasty or whatever you want, I've ditched "friends" like that. As for some friends whom I know cannot or are not as willing to spend as much as me, I try not to take them along when I do my shopping sprees. I don't want to intimidate them or make them feel bad, plus I enjoy shopping on my own much more.

but wasn't LV the first to design monogram products, and the other designers followed trend (i.e. fendi, coach, gucci)?

++ i, too, have a friend who doesn't like LV. She has told me, while holding my mono PI wallet, that LV is ugly and a copy from coach. i just smiled and said, "oh well, i love LV and its original, classic design, besides, their bags look good on me." I figured there was no reason to stoop down to her negative level and insult her designer taste - like she did to me.

so silly.

Ah, the high school jealous drama stuff. How I miss it! (NOT!) She doesnt realize how stupid and jealous she is making herself look by calling YOU stupid!! Its as clear as crystal that she is veryy very jealous of you and obviously insecure to try and bring you down like that. I had so-called "friends" like that too in high school. I started realizing that they were just haters and stopped talking to them! Do the same!:smile:

Personally, she sounds like a very hateful, bitter and sour person. She is no kind of "friend" if she crashes on your opinions and likes. I would get what you want and what makes YOU happy...I'd also stay away from her for a good while, but that's just me.

Good luck and I hope whichever bag YOU choose for yourself makes you very happy. :heart:

I don't think you need a friend like that ... wait, I know you don't need a friend like that! A friend is suppose to be supportive and would not talk down to you or your likes. Negative influence you can do without! It sounds like she's also upsetting you, maybe just tell her how you feel and that she needs to respect what you like just as you respect what she likes. Friendship, just like LOVE is a two way street!