French Purse Owners---Help me please

ipurse

Apr 22, 2007
I am thinking about purchasing a mono french purse as I need a smaller wallet. I did the search before starting this thread but I couldn't seem to get the answer to my question. If you can point me out to the existing thread(s), that would be great as well.

For those of you who use a french purse for a long time and/or use it often, how does the brass hold up over time? Does it have a lot of visible scratches (esp. around where the opening of the coin compartment is)? Does the brass get tarnished over time? Thanks.

Alternatively, I am also thinking about Alexandra wallet. Do you have any experience with this wallet? Thanks again.

I love the french purse (don't have it because I carry too much) but I do know someone who's had hers for a really long time and it's still really beautiful. The Alexandra wallet is great too - wouldn't have to worry. Sorry - I'm no help; I like both!

I love the french purse (don't have it because I carry too much) but I do know someone who's had hers for a really long time and it's still really beautiful. The Alexandra wallet is great too - wouldn't have to worry. Sorry - I'm no help; I like both!

Do you find the Alexandra wallet too thick (bulky)?

I've used the mono french purse forever. My first one lasted almost 11 years. I wound up purchasing the same exact one about a year ago. It holds just enough cards, change and bills. I love it!

I don't think the Alexandra is nearly as bulky as say the Koala. I stear clear of the Koala because on my Koala agenda, the buckle isn't staying really bright, so I didn't want a Koala wallet, even though it's so pretty. I use the mono porte tresor international and it's years old and still looks brand new. My next wallet is going to be the mono pochette wallet though - love the style of that one.

I love the mono pochette as well. I would go for it if I wanted a long wallet. Thanks for your help.
I don't think the Alexandra is nearly as bulky as say the Koala. I stear clear of the Koala because on my Koala agenda, the buckle isn't staying really bright, so I didn't want a Koala wallet, even though it's so pretty. I use the mono porte tresor international and it's years old and still looks brand new. My next wallet is going to be the mono pochette wallet though - love the style of that one.

I've had my French Mono for about 8 years now and it still looks great. The brass kiss lock isn't tarnished or scratched up, but then I'm not rough with my wallets.
I also have the Alexandra in White MC, and been using it for almost 2 months now and can't seem to rotate to my other wallets like I normally do. I love the ample CC slots, the clear plastic window and all the different compartments. It's not bulky at all and it's definitely user friendly. I love it!

If you're worried about your wallet being too bulky/thick, I wouldn't suggest the French Purse -- even just with the full CC slots taken up and some bills, the wallet get pretty thick! I wouldn't really call it small wallet since it takes up quite some space and it is about the size of the regular agenda.

With that said, I LOVE my FP! If you get it in Mono, it will be very versatile and durable -- the brass on my Damier one that I've used since last summer is still very shiny and the whole wallet looks new! I love bulky (but not long) wallets, so the FP is a great choice for me. Good luck with your choices!

Thanks y'all for the reply. I will make a visit to an LV store soon (not sure when) as I live about 2 hours away. I scaled down my choices to two 1) mono french purse and 2) Mono Alexandra. I like a shorter wallet but it has to have enough cc slots. As for the question about the hardware, I guess it depends on how I will use the wallet. But I guess if I want a worry free wallet, I should go with an Alexandra....hmmmmmmmmmmm