French Manicure question - NYC recommendation!

1. Hi, I just moved back to New York about a year and a half ago and been having problems finding a good nail salon. Back in CA I went to this superb nail salon that really really knows how to do a french manicure. I was just wondering if anyone else knows what I'm talking about. First they draw a sloppy think white line and then they take a concealer brush dipped in nail polish remover, and kind of straighten/curve a perfect white line on your nails. Then they apply a clear red nail polish over. And tada PERFECT french! Is there a special name for this technique. Everywhere in NY I go never heard of it when I explain it to them. Can someone recommend a good clean nail salon in Queens or maybe the city? TIA!

2. I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm in NYC and have yet to find someone that does this technique. I went on vacation in FL and a women did that to me once and I was never able to find it again. Now I never get french mani because I don't like the way it looks the standard way.