Foundation/ Second Skin !

Melissa71 said:
How well does it do as far as coverage? I'm dying to try B.E. I just won an ebay auction for the foundation and bronzer. I think I might just run over to Ulta's tomorrow and pick some up to try. I'm not sure I can wait.....:nuts:
They have a product called "bisque" it can be used wet or dry and it covers everything! and makes a wonderful eyelid base. I use "Clear Radiance" all over and either "thistle" or "warmth" as a blush. It has some sun protection built in but I use my own (LaRoche Posay block) as well. I think you will be impressed but don't buy too much till you get the hang of it - It starts to get very pricey fast, and it lasts a long time.

shihfan said:
i just recently tried the stila illuminating powder foundation and their pressed powder.... must say i love it! and the packaging is so cute!

previously ive tried laura mercier and loved that also

i also stopped by the Mac counter.... but their powder foundation just seemed so thick and cakey.....didnt look as natural, could have be the way the sales person applied on me tho.......

Sometimes I apply the Studiofix with a kabuki brush rather than the sponge that's included. It gives you a lighter coverage. You might want to try that.

Charlotte! said:
I have very fair skin & I always seem to be trying something new. Currently it's Trish McEvoy. I love their whole planner system. BUT. I don't think it's light enough for me. I'm going to try Laura Mercier next.

I change a lot because of the weather too. Just last month it was so dry here, I couldn't brush my hair! Soon the humidity will be outrageous & I'll need a lighter foundation & more powder.

Fellow Trish fan! :lol: Have you tried her Cream to Powder foundation? Goes on really nicely... I too, have fair skin (I'm a redhead) and I use the N2 in this formula. It doesn't cake and lasts all day- love it...

Redd said:
Fellow Trish fan! :lol: Have you tried her Cream to Powder foundation? Goes on really nicely... I too, have fair skin (I'm a redhead) and I use the N2 in this formula. It doesn't cake and lasts all day- love it...

Hi! After I read your post I looked around to see what foundation I'm using. Yes, it's the Cream Powder but now I think maybe I don't have the lightest shade?? I ordered from Neiman Marcus & bought the lightest shade they had. I just looked at Nordstrom & they have another shade that NM didn't have!

What is the color you are using? I'm not a redhead but there are a lot of redheads in my family...I'm sort of dk. blonde with a lot of red-gold if that makes sense! :weird:

I love the planners. I have the aqua blue that came out a little while ago. I love the new coral quilted but the colors inside are wrong for me...I might get a bigger (mini) planner in the classic black...decisions, decisions!

SuzyZ said:
I use Bare Escentuals - It's very light and comes in a rainbow of colors - and does a lot with a little.

i use that too! ever since i saw the commerical i was amazed/obsessed with it. after using it for awhile, i think it does a great job but wears off near the end of the day. :sad: i also use benefit get even compact which is pretty good but always always apply with a brush! :smile:

Don't you start feeling it at one point of the day? I can't stand foundation, after a while I feel like I have pancake batter on my face and then it itches (tried tons of brands). Plus it never looks natural.

I never use foundation - have tried so many times with different brand, but it always looks totally unnatural and weird. Sometimes blusher if I feel pale, but I really don't like the feeling of foundation on my face. I have given up looking for a brand that might work.

Charlotte! said:
Hi! After I read your post I looked around to see what foundation I'm using. Yes, it's the Cream Powder but now I think maybe I don't have the lightest shade?? I ordered from Neiman Marcus & bought the lightest shade they had. I just looked at Nordstrom & they have another shade that NM didn't have!

What is the color you are using? I'm not a redhead but there are a lot of redheads in my family...I'm sort of dk. blonde with a lot of red-gold if that makes sense! :weird:

I love the planners. I have the aqua blue that came out a little while ago. I love the new coral quilted but the colors inside are wrong for me...I might get a bigger (mini) planner in the classic black...decisions, decisions!

Hi there- I use the N2- which is called Fair. Be careful b/c I think the makeup goes not only according to your skin shade, but your undertones, too. So, if you have yellow undertones it may be different from me- (I have pink undertones) I have the aqua blue planner also, and the coral one is gorgeous. But, I wouldn't use the colors either. Why don't you go to your local Trish counter? That way you know you'd have your perfect shade! ;)