foundation questions

1. I use an oil free foundation. It isn't super sheer but isn't super cakey either. It is somewhere in between. In the morning, my face tends to be dry. I put on my foundation & rest of my makeup and look great but by 1 or 2pm, my face is shiny and looks super oily. My foundation seems to "float" on my skin looking dark and "makeup-y". (I know that is not a word).
    Any suggestions? I have used blotting paper before. I takes aware the shine but leaves my foundation looking cakey rather than natural.
  2. I had the same problem. I have the solution.

1. Primer for face. it keeps foundation in place like you just applied it in the morning. I recommend Smashbox photofinish light for oily acne prone skin

2. Sephora has these blot sheets for like $8. dab that on

3. Blot pressed powder apply with a powder brush anytime you see a hint of shine on your face. guarenteed to make your face matte. I recommend MAC blot pressed powder

I use this everyday and not only does my foundation last when i get home at 5pm, but my skin when i powder my face looks matte.

note: when i say powder [especially the one i use] doesnt make your skin look ashy. the powder MAC offers is close to your skin tone. hope that helps