Foster Parents - Fur kids

I just went through my foster list. I have fostered 52 cats in the last 3 years! :woot: With Baby Ruth today it makes 50 that have found forever homes. That makes me happy. :love:

Oh Cindi-----that is so impressive!!!! :woohoo:

I would love to be able to do that. As it is, I am pushing it with the 6/7 cats I have now. The rules say I am only supposed to have 2. :tdown:

I picked up a new foster boy today. They are calling him Ralo but I think I am going to change it. I am waiting for him to tell him if he likes it or not. He had his leg amputated on Tuesday and is doing really well today. I took him to my vet and they are all in love with him there. He purred with the paws going through the entire exam. Here is a pic of him before the surgery. I don't want to post the after pic, too graphic. But he is doing great. He is going to be a REALLY hard one to send to his forever home. He is an angel.

Attachments

• Tommy.jpg
    Tommy.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 339
He looks a lot like my Phillip, with his little toupee! What a sweetie-pie :cloud9

You don't think, maybe -as you mention he is an angel and you are already falling for him.....maybe Malcolm sent him along? :graucho:
There's a little chant going on over here this morning..... Keephim! Keephim! Keephim!

He is lovely,Cindi - and very lucky to have you to take care of him.....

I have to admit I am already in love with him and I think Hubby feels the same way. BUT he is still in the "we have too many" phase. LOL I lost 2 of my 3 legged cats in the last 2 years, Lucky and Sadie. I wouldn't put it past them to send him my way. The rescue has a REALLY hard time finding foster homes for amputation post ops and the vet will not do the surgery unless they have somewhere to go right away. He would have been put down if he didn't find foster care. :sad: . But since I adopted Happy from them they knew I would take him. He is doing much better today and has decided he likes the name Tommy so Tommy it is. I feel so bad keeping him in the crate. He really wants to come out and play but the vet said he needs a day or 2 more until the incision heals up some. Here is the little prisoner. :P Available for adoption if anyone is looking! ;)

He looks a lot like my Phillip, with his little toupee! What a sweetie-pie :cloud9

You don't think, maybe -as you mention he is an angel and you are already falling for him.....maybe Malcolm sent him along? :graucho:
There's a little chant going on over here this morning..... Keephim! Keephim! Keephim!

He is lovely,Cindi - and very lucky to have you to take care of him.....

Attachments

• 100_7713.JPG
    100_7713.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 308
I have to admit I am already in love with him and I think Hubby feels the same way. BUT he is still in the "we have too many" phase. LOL I lost 2 of my 3 legged cats in the last 2 years, Lucky and Sadie. I wouldn't put it past them to send him my way. The rescue has a REALLY hard time finding foster homes for amputation post ops and the vet will not do the surgery unless they have somewhere to go right away. He would have been put down if he didn't find foster care. :sad: . But since I adopted Happy from them they knew I would take him. He is doing much better today and has decided he likes the name Tommy so Tommy it is. I feel so bad keeping him in the crate. He really wants to come out and play but the vet said he needs a day or 2 more until the incision heals up some. Here is the little prisoner. :P Available for adoption if anyone is looking! ;)

See - it's another *sign* - that he has chosen the same name as my PBB! :biggrin:
He is adorable - that's a great sign that he wants to come out and play already, isn't it.... give him a few days to work his 'Tommy Magic' on the husband......:graucho:

You're right! I totally forgot your new baby is named Tommy. LOL Definitely a sign. I will have to tell him to amp up the "Tommy Magic". :P

See - it's another *sign* - that he has chosen the same name as my PBB! :biggrin:
He is adorable - that's a great sign that he wants to come out and play already, isn't it.... give him a few days to work his 'Tommy Magic' on the husband......:graucho:

Tommy has already made himself at home. Right now he is sitting on my reading chair with Bellis just making biscuits on the blanket. I do believe I am in love. I will put a couple of pics in the next post since his incision is showing. It is nothing horrible but some might not want to see it. If you don't want to see it please skip the next post.

Tommy pics

Attachments

• 100_7724.JPG
    100_7724.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 321
  • 100_7720.JPG
    100_7720.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 314
  • 100_7719.JPG
    100_7719.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 309
  • 100_7718.JPG
    100_7718.JPG
    234.3 KB · Views: 315
He is doing great! My 2 foster girls are even happy with him and they hiss at everyone. LOL He is just the sweetest little boy. Every time I sit down he is on my lap. When I stop petting him he gets up and bumps my hand. Just a little love sponge. And he takes his pills with no problems. Just the perfect cat. Here is a pic of "foster cat dinner time" last night. Doesn't he look like he could be MJ's brother?

So, how is the young man getting on?

Attachments

• 100_7727.JPG
    100_7727.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 294
  • 100_7726.JPG
    100_7726.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 295