Fortuny buy or not to buy??

1. Hi, I have never posted on the Fendi forum before but am thinking of taking the plunge. I have been given the opportunity to get hold of a brand new Fortuny spy. :smile:

I absolutely love the colour of this bag and saw a hobo of it IRL today for the first time.

The only thing that is putting me off is that in the last 5 months I have bought:

Balenciaga Black City
    Balenciaga Vert D'Eau First
    Chanel Modern Chain Tote
    Chanel Red Perforated Jumbo Classic Flap

I love all of the bags I have bought but think maybe getting another one is a bit too much.

I don't own a spy and have always thought they are lovely but need your help.

Do you think I should go for it? To all fo you that own the Fortuny, is it durable enough to wear quite often? And as I live in London where the weather is not so good, will it ruin in the rain?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for your help
  2. I don't have spy yet but I'd say go for it :yes: , especially since you'd be hard-pressed to find a Fortuny these days. I've missed the Fortuny boat and am still kicking myself for not buying it.

Plus, the spy is a different category from Chanel and Balenciaga :sneaky:

Don't forget to share pix when you have it :graucho:
  3. It is NOT the most durable out of all the spy bags out there but def. very nice looking. It WILL show wear if you use it on a daily bases (some pieces of leather will flake off exposing the turquoise underneath). However, I must say that to me all SPY bags look better with wear.:love:
  4. You should definitely go for it if you can afford it. A fortuny is hard to come by and spy is way different than your bbag and chanel, so you can have more variety in your collection.
  5. I to live in London and had this bag, its a beautiful bag but is not for every day use, you need to be a bit more careful with it but if you have got a good deal on it then I would go for it as it is stunning
  6. Thanks for all your opinions. I am going to think about it over the weekend and decide then.

I do really like it, and think it would be a good addition to my collection. Who am I kidding, I bet I'll decide to get it!!

7. i have this bag.. and liek saich said its not an everyday bag.. although i wear mine everyother ( but i ;live in a warm climiate) the bag however is super hot!! is a great color..

and like others said is hard to come by
  8. It's still my dream bag. I've heard so many horror stories about how delicate it is, so I don't think you can use it as an everyday bag unless you plan to purchase a replacement later on. Gorgeous bag though! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  9. I think it's a great bag, but not for everyone! I had one for a short while, but it has a lot of funk that simply isn't me. If you can pull it off, I think it's well worth the endeavor! Good luck!!!
  10. I too, was worried about the fragility of the Fortuny leather, that is, until I found a brand new hobo on eBay for $490.

I've carried her only on a few sunny days and am admittedly more careful than with others, but DANG is it a gorgeous purse. I've finally come to terms with the fact that hell, if the copper flakes off, there's gorgeous turquoise underneath.

Enjoy! You won't be sorry. So few were made. :smile:
  11. I think you should go for it! :yes:

The Fortuny holds it's value really well, so if down the road you decide to sell, there's a good chance of getting your money back (depending on the condition of the bag and the price you paid).

Good luck and keep us posted on your decision.
  12. Hmm... I love the fortuny spy at first sight and took great pains to get it. The leather is more delicate because of the laser cut but darn! It's just mind blowing.

Although I've been having thoughts of letting it go to acquire another spy. Very tough decision... still considering.
  13. Elise, the fortuny spy is an amazing bag, I used to have it and I have to say that it is definetly not an every day bag. The fortuny leather just isn't as durable as the regular nappa leather. But it does hold it's value very well, I purchased mine in December 2005 and I just sold it on eBay for $400 less than I paid for it. That is if you can find it, I am not sure if Fendi is still making the Fortuny in the tobacco and turquoise combo.
  14. Thanks foe all your advice. I can definately get hold of one, so that's not a problem. It's just deciding whether or not I should spend so much money on another handbag.

I have spent the last few days looking through all the threads at other peoples and am falling more and more in love with it. I keep thinking I don't have a bag similar to it, and summer is on its way so I should be able to use it more then, and put it away for the winter and use my other bags.

I think i am convincing myself into it!!!:yes:

By tomorrow I'll be picturing what I am going to wear with it and once that happens it's a done deal!!

I'll keep you all iformed as to my decision, but at the moment I am definately more leaning towards getting it.

Thanks again to everyone for your help.