Forgive me if its been asked before- I'm interested in Source of Bag Statistics...

stephanie1

Aug 13, 2006
I am interested in learning how many of your birkin and kelly bags were bought (1) from Hermes stores; (2) new from resellers; (3) 2nd hand. If you can humor me on this one, I know it was asked before but not exactly in this detail. I suggest a running count, I will start:

(1) Hermes: 2 birkins/1 kelly
(2) New from Resellers: 0 birkin/0 kelly
(3) 2nd Hand: 0 birkin/0 kelly

Yes I know this is silly but as you guys can probably tell, I am fascinated by numbers and statistics of all kinds. I bet some of you are too!

I'll be honest, I could not afford to purchase all of them new from the boutique. It took me several years of saving and also with selling off some of my LV handbags that I didn't use & Chanel clothing that I didn't wear.

I purchased 1 Birkin from the Boutique, 1 from a respected reseller under retail price. I purchased my 3 Kellys under retail from respected resellers.

Thus far we have:

(1) Hermes: 4 birkins, 1 kelly

(2) New/reseller: 1 birkin, 3 kellys

(3) 2nd Hand: 0/0

Japster I can relate to the "too expensive" issue -especially now. my birkins are several years old and, ironically, in retrospect seem reasonable.

(1) Hermes: 4 birkins/ 3 kelly
(2) New from Resellers: 0 birkin/0 kelly

1 SO from Hermes hopefully to arrive in 2007 :P

(1) Hermes: 0 birkins/ 0 kelly
(2) New from Resellers: 1 birkin/2 kelly

One of these days I'll have to buy SOMETHING from our H store here in Toronto!!!:nuts:

is there any reason you only care about the source of kelly and birkin bags? i noticed that crochetbella politely responded to your post with the relevant info on the hermes bag that she has and you ignored that.

is there any reason you only care about the source of kelly and birkin bags? i noticed that crochetbella politely responded to your post with the relevant info on the hermes bag that she has and you ignored that.

I certainly didnt mean to be impolite - the reason I asked about these two in my initial post, is that these are the only models that the stores historically have maintained waiting lists - traditionally hard to find bags - thats why I was interested in how people have acquired those two.