For those who have made SO's...

I like two or three color SO when the colors blend nicely. I think that if you opt for a bi or a tri color you have to try your best to choose wisely and carefully.

I personally have a couple in my mind that I will keep as a little secret until I am sure I can get them (one was refused last year and I will give it another try with some small variations).

The choice is very personal, but what I suggest is that you do lots of research and try to imagine what you would feel comfortable with wearing over and over again.
Go over the reference library threads , Asians and Hermes, celebs and socialites and H, and also over ebay to look at what resellers have.

Save the pictures of all the bi colors and tri colors so that you can look at them later.
Look at them again after some time because what we find appealing one day may differ from what we may find appealing another day.

This is how I came out with two combos, in colors that IMO blend nicely, and that i am sure I will wear all my life.

If you want a more conservative choice you can opt for the contrast lining option. It gives you a pop of color in the inside.
Your bag will look like a regular bag from the outside and you will be the one who sees the inside.
I also love this option, and it is the most favored by people because, let's face it, bi color and tri color H bags are harder to match and to wear over and over again.
If the color allows it you can also do the stitching in the same color of the lining. This is another subtle change that most people will not notice.

For what is regarding piping, this is a very personal choice. I have seen just a couple of combos with contrasting color that I really liked in my life, but this is just my personal taste, and I have to admit that those two that I liked really seemed droolworthy.

So once again, your personal choice, but I think that looking at pictures and thinking thinking thinking… is the key.

OP, trama turgo made some good suggestion.
I think the So is very personal choices. at the end of the day, if the combo please you, thats all matter.

So is about the imagination, the fantasy, something a bit out of ordinary. should be fun.
good luck!

I think when one is offered the chance to place a SO it is so tempting to just go nuts with color and make the bag as individual as possible. I just placed a SO for my very first Birkin and I thought long and hard about taking the color contrast to the outside of the bag. I came very close to doing contrasting handles and straps, but in the end I decided that for me, the smartest thing would be to keep the outside of the bag as neutral as possible and keep the contrast color to the inside only. I feared that if I went with a bi-color on the exterior, I may end up unhappy with the results, or I would find that I'm not able to use the bag as often because the contrasting color would clash with most outfits. I was also afraid that I would tire of it in 10 or 20 years. As much as this bag is going to cost, I wanted to be sure that I would love it now and forever. Having a surprise pop of color on the inside is a great compromise and will make the bag special, while still keeping the bag looking neutral and classic on the outside.

Hi, can I ask one question for special order? A friend was offered special order from paris store but was told its 50-50 chance because the actually order has been closed. Anyone with the same experience before? Thanks!!!

These communications are often a little murky. Some possible explanations are, they will put in the order, but it may get rejected along the way for various reasons (lack of availability of the particular skin/color requested, some issue with the combination requested, etc.) Then there are podium orders that occur about twice a year, where specific combinations (the most current production) are ordered but they don't necessarily take other ("special") orders then.

Hi Ladies! Is it easy to place a SO? Can I walk into H and request to put one in? Also, is there a price difference between a SO and one that just happens to be available in the store (assumng same size and leather)? If so, what is the additional premium for getting a SO? Any information regarding this topic would help immensely! And apologies if this should be a separate thread as I do not mean to stray from OP's topic. Thanks!

Hi OMK! I am sure that you will pick the right combo for you!
I have SOs in the following combos

contrast interior
contrast piping & interior
contrast piping, interior, straps & handles
contrast piping, interior & straps
contrast straps & interior

I love all of them. I also have "off the shelf" bags all in one color and love them too.
Can’t wait to hear what you decide to do!

Hi Ladies! Is it easy to place a SO? Can I walk into H and request to put one in? Also, is there a price difference between a SO and one that just happens to be available in the store (assumng same size and leather)? If so, what is the additional premium for getting a SO? Any information regarding this topic would help immensely! And apologies if this should be a separate thread as I do not mean to stray from OP's topic. Thanks!

Hi Ladybaby. There is no price difference between regular bags and SOs. Typically, you cannot just walk in your , or any random H, and order one. BUT on many visits to the Mothership (FSH), it was they that offered me the option to place a SO. I didn't ask, it was just presented.

Hi Ladybaby. There is no price difference between regular bags and SOs. Typically, you cannot just walk in your , or any random H, and order one. BUT on many visits to the Mothership (FSH), it was they that offered me the option to place a SO. I didn't ask, it was just presented.

Hi VickyB! Thank you so much for your reply. It was very helpful! :smooch:

Hi OMK! I am sure that you will pick the right combo for you!
I have SOs in the following combos

contrast interior
contrast piping & interior
contrast piping, interior, straps & handles
contrast piping, interior & straps
contrast straps & interior

I love all of them. I also have "off the shelf" bags all in one color and love them too.
Can’t wait to hear what you decide to do!

VickyB- Your combos sound yummy. Can't to share the colors for our reference.

My SA told me (and this may be different than what others have been told) that SO's sometimes end up costing a little less than buying the bag off the shelf. He said that he really doesn't know why this happens, but it does. Otherwise, the cost is the same, unless you really go crazy adding on extra options, like stamping for example. The only other reason the bag may end up being more expensive than if you bought one right now, is that you have to pay whatever the current price of the bag is when it comes in. I was told my bag will be here in 1 to 1 1/2 years, so who knows how many price increases will occur during that time frame, hopefully nothing huge.

My SA told me (and this may be different than what others have been told) that SO's sometimes end up costing a little less than buying the bag off the shelf. He said that he really doesn't know why this happens, but it does. Otherwise, the cost is the same, unless you really go crazy adding on extra options, like stamping for example. The only other reason the bag may end up being more expensive than if you bought one right now, is that you have to pay whatever the current price of the bag is when it comes in. I was told my bag will be here in 1 to 1 1/2 years, so who knows how many price increases will occur during that time frame, hopefully nothing huge.

Thanks for your input, swezfamily! :smile:
Wow....1 to 1 1/2 yrs....hopefully the increase won't be too bad by then....:Push: