for those of you whp spend a lot on a highly recognizable bag..

1. Once its' cycle is over and people classify it as "out" or "dated" do you..still wear it, sell it, or put it away for a while?

2. I don't buy "trendy" bags.

But, if I did, I'd carry it as long as I wanted, not until other's told me it's okay.

3. I'd find it very hard to continue using it and being happy... I'm very easily swayed by others opinions... lol

4. Sadly I agree so what I do is buy very classic bags that never go "out" like Chanel Flaps, totes, LV classics, etc.

5. I wouldn't spend a ton of money on something that's "trendy" or the current "it" bag.

Honestly, though, I don't think a TON of people do...a lot of bags out there are pretty standard shapes and colors, even lower-end bags.

6. I also don't really buy trendy bags. I buy bags that I think I'll love forever and then wear them whenever I feel like it. I don't care if someone else thinks it's out of style.

7. I don't care if people think it's "out", if I still like it I'm going to continue wearing it!

8. I've never been in much for the "It" bags. So I buy what I like and what works for my lifestyle, and then I don't have to worry about whether it will be deemed "in" or "out" by some the fashion world in the blink of an eye. Really, the whole process of an "It" bag is fairly ridiculous in my opinion.

9. I think there is a difference between "highly recognizable" as the original question went, and "trendy." I think a piece of Vuitton is highly recognizable, and has become trendy in the last 10 years or so, but when the trend fades, as it will, I will still carry it.

10. ITA! Couldn't have said it better myself. :tup:

11. So far everything I have is still "in". I tend to stay with more classic type bags, but some are on the edgier side. I would carry until I tire of them, not what the media or others say.

12. Louis Vuitton is timeless...
    The Speedy has been around since 1930 !!!

13. If I like it, I will use it, and I don't buy too crazy styles that look very trendy unless they are inexpensive.

14. if i still like it i will still use it i wouldn't care if other thought it was old style

15. Ha-Ha-Ha! I live in a mid-size city in the midwest. If a bag was deemed "over" today on the coasts I could still carry it here and be considered trendly for about 3 years! Sometimes there are real advantages to living here.
    That said, I won't pay a lot for a trendy bag. If I pay a lot for a bag, it has to be pretty classic.