for people who wear glasses..

Used to have Giorgio Armani frames but switched to Silhouette glasses four years ago and will never switch. They are so light.
I do use Oakley prescriptions to run in. With my prescription, it was the only kind that would do the trick. Plus, I needed a wraparound type for my eyes.
I'm a geek. What can I say?

I wear O2 Optix lenses too, but my eyes really hate me, and I can only get the two weeks out of them. I have really really dry eyes and have to keep putting drops in them.

I have 4 pairs of glasses. I got two pairs this year because I get them free with insurance. My reddish-pink plastic gucci ones are the ones I wear out in public. I love the color. It's a mix between this and this. And :love: this. :biggrin: The other three are cheap no name brands I got at Lenscrafters.

I wear my glasses during every waking moment. I now have "progressive" lenses for both reading and distance vision. My current frames are Paul Smith.

anotheremptysky said:
I wear O2 Optix lenses too, but my eyes really hate me, and I can only get the two weeks out of them. I have really really dry eyes and have to keep putting drops in them.

I have 4 pairs of glasses. I got two pairs this year because I get them free with insurance. My reddish-pink plastic gucci ones are the ones I wear out in public. I love the color. It's a mix between this and this. And :love: this. :biggrin: The other three are cheap no name brands I got at Lenscrafters.
what drops do you use?

My eyes are too dry for contacts so I quit wearing them. I have a pair of Air Titanium Lindberg. I custom made the shape of my lenses and I haven't part with it ever since. They are so light and durable. If you feel bored with shape just change the shape for a new look.

Cheers!

aarti said:
what drops do you use?

After trying every drop and solution in the store (literally ... every few years I become allergic to my solution), I use Aquify solution and Complete Moisture Plus drops by Amo. I put a drop of the Complete Moisture Plus on the contacts when I put them in and another after they are in, and try to put them in every few hours (whenever I'm reapplying lipstick or something) to prevent them from getting dry.

I can't bother with contacts. I plastic frames and the ones that I wear now are green plastic frames by babyfish. I"m not familiar with the brand because they were purchased in Asia, but I get lots of compliments on them.

Irissy said:
Omg, I'm legally blind too! :lol: My optometrist warned me that I'm in danger of having retina detachment if I don't take care of my eyes from now on. :sad: I'm thinking of going for Lasik once my eye sight gets stable within the next 2 yrs. :upsidedown:

i'm glad that i'm not the only one who's blind...hehe. my optometrist dilates my eyes once a year to make sure i'm not getting retina detachment. i'm dying to get lasik, but my prescription still keeps changing every year.

normally, i wear contacts during the day and glasses at night. on occasions, i have worn glasses during the day but i end up hating it b/c then i cant wear sunglasses when i drive. i have the plastic frames but i think it's different for every person. some people look better with metal frames, other with plastic ones, etc...i chose the plastic frames b/c 1. they looked better on me 2. in my opinion,they aren't as high maintenance 3. my vision is pretty bad so the thick sides of the plastic frames kind of hide the thickness of the lens(not sure if that makes sense or not) :shame:

I acutally bought a pair of sunglasses (plastic) from Marshalls today that are brown and green with flowers on the side. It's Anna Sui which costs $14.99! Score on the frames then I brought them to Pearl Vision and got prescription lenses in them for $165. I have really bad vision too! Hehe, I almost spent $350 on one the other day and so glad I decided to wait.

I have a pair of Fendi prescription sunglasses which I LOVE. I found them locally at a little shop that I've never seen designer frames at. I don't know who makes my one pair of frames but my seocnd pair of frames is BCB Girls. I haven't decided if I really like these yet - they can't seem to adjust them to fit properly. they are plastic and do not have nose pieces which make them hard to adjust if they are a little too wide for your face. I will try to post a pic of the Fendi sunglasses later -- :love: :love: :love:

I would love to get back into contacts though. I couldn't wear them for years because of eye irritaion and now my problem is that I can wear them comfortable and my distance vision is fine but suddenly my close-up vision is weird! Does anyone have experience with multi focal contact lenses? I want to look into those. I'm hoping maybe they will work.

I really, really, really hate wearing my glasses out of the house, or even for very long in the house. My prescription is strong, so my lenses are super thick. The frames always rest on my sinuses, making it even harder for me to breathe in my normal allergic-to-everything-on-God's-green-Earth state. They make my face sweat (it's already oily), I have no peripheral vision, and they make me feel like I'm wearing a mask in public.

Unfortunately, I am having to cut down on my contact lens wearing, and at my optometrist appointment next week I will find out if I should be wearing them at all. So it may be back to the face-shackles for me. :censor:

Does anyone have a recommendation for plastic vs. wire frames, given my stupid oily sweaty face and bad sinuses and 1/4-inch thick lenses? I have a small face, so they have to be small.

Thanks.