For LV lovers...know what the 1st bags cost?

1. I was just thinking, considering the annual increases, what did LV staples such as Speedy and Alma cost way back when?

Especially since Speedy was made initially for Audrey Hepburn and Alma was made for Coco Chanel. (LV couldn't call the Alma bag Coco because her name was already trademarked.)

But I always wonder what my closet would look like if I were only paying, say, $100 for a bag.

Does anyone know what the bags cost then?

2. Back then when?? 10 yrs ago?? 30 yrs ago??

3. Sorry...I should've specified the time frame.

Lets say, more than 15 years ago.

If you know what the prices were in less than 15 years ago, that is o.k. too.

But I'm just curious.

4. Sorry...I should've specified the time frame.

Lets say, more than 15 years ago.

If you know what the prices were in less than 15 years ago, that is o.k. too.

But I'm just curious.

5. Well this is not the time frame you are talking about, but I bought a speedy 30 and a shoulder strap about 12 years ago and it seems like the price for both was right at $400.

6. wow! i guess they didnt increase their prices as much because of the franc. i remember the speedy was $385.00 when Eluxury first came out

7. My LV Concorde cost $650 18 yrs ago!

8. 2001, speedy 25 $365, speedy 30 $380, I just brought my thread up from the other day "oh how the prices have changed" that referenced some 2001 pricing....

9. Yep, the Franc situation in the past kept the pricing on the lower side, the whole euro thing and increased popularity has really driven the prices up over the past 5 years.....I remember my first purchase there was a price decrease and that was during the Franc and when the US dollar was very strong.......those were the days......oh and I think gas was like less than a dollar a gallon......

10. Yeah.. prices back in the day, oh man, makes me almost wish I was addicted earlier ! :graucho: