For any TPFer who is separated, divorced or just alone at the minute.................

1. Do you get a little sad & perhaps a bit envious when you hear all the wonderful stories on here about loving relationships & people speaking of their DHs or SOs? Sometimes just the togetherness of having someone in their lives or the generosity of the partners surprising them with gifts?
    I have been seperated 10 years now, noone in my life & I do feel when I read these posts I wish I could say here my DH did this or that.
  2. Look at the flip side, BagAngel. I've seen PLENTY of posts on here that makes lots of SOs seem less than desireable. You may not be happy being alone all the time, because there are definite plusses to having someone in your life. However, there are just as many things that can go wrong as things that can go right, so who knows what kind of drama or hurt or hearbreak you're sparing yourself by being single? I know that you wish you could say your SO or DH did certain things (nice things) the way some forum members do, but thank your lucky stars you're not out there getting abused, cheated on, lied to, or otherwise mistreated. I have a SO and I never let myself become influenced by other people's husbands or boyfriends. I don't know anything about them or their relationship, and I won't compare myself to something or someone I only have "forum-knowledge" of and I refuse to get envious. And too, just because people are posting happy, touching stories in no way means they're 100% happy with their situation, you really never know what a person is going through. I wouldn't give it a lot of thought if I were you or even worry about it too much! You're a great, interesting person all on your own, and you really don't need a man in your life to bring that out of you.
  3. Hey Roz, I know where you are coming from but take if from me, life on the other side is no party.
  4. yeah, I do get sad, but it also gives me hope that people can have relationships that work out and last when I hear stories of people who are in good ones.

5. This is true....I often think and wonder the what ifs of being single....

Alot of mothers/wives I know have issues...deep, troubling issues...but they cant open up or deal with it as they want b/c of the different situations they are in.....some are financially dependent, some have kids, some just dont know what the heck to do...

Trust me, some marriages are miserable...but I do understand where your coming from. Sharing and being in a relationship with the opposite sex is a wonderful thing....but marriage is so complex

I say date alot and enjoy being single and mingle....:tup:
  6. Thanks Caxe :heart:
  7. Thanks for replies Irishgal, Zophie & bagluv so many complex issues in relationships LOL
    Sometimes I just feel like a second class citizen 'cos my marriage broke down & I cannot come on here & post about my DH, wasn't my fault I can say that with clear conscience but doesn't really matter the whys or wherefores you are still growing old alone.
    One thing that bugs me, many will laugh at this, sometimes I feel like a man LOL you know always paying the bills & being the strong one, (now I am going to have all the womens libbers lambaste me LOL) but I think everyone will appreciate what I mean :heart: It would be nice sometime to have someone take over & just care!
  8. I get really sad looking at pictures and hearing stories. My SO just ended our relationship and I'm completely devastated. I feel so alone. It's good to know there are others that feel the same way.
  9. Hey Roz

For what it's worth, some of the happiest times of my life were when I was single and UNATTACHED!! :p
  10. I'm sure there are a bunch of people who read that and think you're an incredibally strong person for being able survive a broken marriage and still manage yourself and your kids like you described, and totally wished they had your resilience and courage. I might be alone on this, but I think that's worth way more than an SO. Anyway, just something to think about when you're feeling like a 'second class citizen'.

Also, *hugs*.
  11. I hear you. I want to be single half the time I'm attached. :p
  12. My life is a freakin' country song right now [broke up with my man and lost my job within 3 weeks]!!

But no, I don't get sad or envious of others. I'm sad for my situation of course but I'm trying to work through it and I know I will. If I had stayed with my ex BF or had gotten engaged/married just so I could say I (finally!) have a DH I would have been miserable.

I'm better off with just me for now until I'm ready to date again.
  13. I sometimes get that "pang" of sadness reading about others' husbands, SOs, and even children...but I know that no relationship is perfect, and being in a relationship does not mean one is free of sadness.

I will have been single for one year on the 22nd of this month, and although I truly thought my ex was "the one", I was able to heal and now I almost enjoy being single. Not that I would turn the "perfect" man down if he came into my life. :lol:

You are very strong...and never a second class citizen!
  14. You will fine your true love and find happiness!!
  15. Girl you are not alone!!!!!!!! I do wish I had someone!