The Kitchen

foods you hated but now like

pollinilove Posted By pollinilove Posted Dec 4, 2009

1. I hated bananas as a kid and now I like them. I still don't like banana flavored candy, though. My mom saw me eating a banana and nearly fell over. She couldn't believe it.

2. Yogurt..now I love it!

3. mayonnaise

4. I have been told that when I was very, very small, I didn't like lime pickle or worcestershire sauce. It wasn't that I thought they were "hot," because I always loved spicy chilies, and condiments made with them. For some mysterious reason, I just "didn't like" those two!

I have no memory of not liking them, though, and of course today both are staple condiments in my kitchen, and I put each on lots of stuff, including some things that make even the most tolerant and courteous people look askance! :biggrin:

5. Oh, no!!! That's my favorite!

6. When I was growing up, I disliked tomatoes and canned beetroot (beets). I love them now. In fact, I even grow them.

7. Watermelons and Pickles

8. peanut butter, cashews , caramel popcorn

9. any kind of bean and most veggies. as a kid the only veggies i liked were carrots, corn, string beans, and broccoli stems (not the tops). now i dont think theres any veggies i dont like.

10. cilantro. I hated it before and I loooove it now.

11. Sushi. Now I love me some sushi!

Also, veggies. I would cry myself into hysterics when my mom tried to make me eat any type of veggie. (Only exception to that is that I still hate brussel sprouts)

12. I used to hate brusselsprouts, but now I love them! My mom makes a great recipe with fresh brussels and buttered crumbs. It's so yummy with pot roast and mashed potatoes!

Something I just tried for the first time, which I always thought would be gross is Gefilte-fish (sp?) It's actually really delicious! My boyfriend's SIL is Jewish, and invited us to her family's Passover Seder. Her dad made traditional gefilte-fish using fresh walleye and trout, and it was GOOD!

13. a green onion and ginger oil mix used for dipping chicken into

14. peanut butter and bananas.. i eat at least 2 bananas a day now!

15. peaches