food or drink in your LV - would you dare?!!

I've found myself becoming a little more casual with my LVs since having the twins (in April). In a way, it's sort of liberating not to treat my bag like a museum artifact. However, that doesn't mean I'm stupid. I'm not going to sling around a greasy McD's bag in the same hand as my black MC Trouville. But I WILL drop a carefully wrapped lunch in my Cabas Antigua. :graucho:

I put the remnants of my morning Starbucks muffins in my speedies or neverfull MM on a regular basis. I just roll up the little paper bag and throw it in. I take it out and put it in my desk once I get to work. I also have put bottles of water in there too, but it has to be sealed very tightly and lodged in amongst my stuff so that it is pretty much standing upright. I used to freak about every little thing with my bags. I have learned to use them and enjoy them a bit more while still being careful. :smile:

If I do carry anything I make sure it is either an unopened can of soda, something with a screw top for beverages or things in ziplock baggies. Have learned several times to not be daring with certain items.

i actually put a slushi in my ribera trying to sneak it in the movies(just came from burger king love the cherry smoothie and didn't want to give it up) well anyway it was only in there for like two minutes(literally two minutes, maybe even less) anyway somehow it spilled all in my ribera and i freaked out but my damier is a trooper(plus the lining is red and it was cherry flavor so no harm no foul)

The 1st day I took my BH out i put a water bottle in it and didn't realize it had a leak! GASP! I just emptied everything out and air dried her and she was fine. It did soak through to a small part of the vachetta piping on the bottom, but now it just blends in with the patina. Can't even tell. I won't buy a bag that I can't really use. I always carry bottled water and an occasional cookie. :rolleyes:

I'd be careful about water. While in Vegas I put my bottled water in my LV Speedy 30. I guess I didn't tighten the cap on very well and some of the water spilled inside. I dried it out, but some of the water stained the piping. I had it releathered by LV a few years back because the original leather was in bad shape and now I have stained corners. Oh well...lesson learned. Just be aware....keep it sealed, tighten and leak proof.

="http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc225/midg613/Purseforum023.jpg"

="http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc225/midg613/Purseforum029-1.jpg"