Flats are back

1. (Though they've been popular for a couple seasons now....)

[​IMG] Photographs by Bill Cunningham/The New York Times

Published: March 25, 2007
    The snow hadn’t disappeared from the streets of New York and already the first trend of spring could be seen up and down Madison Avenue: the revival of flat ballet-style shoes. In the 1950s, they were a popular alternative to spindly high heels; designers of calf-length full skirts showed their fashions with ballet slippers made by Capezio. At the time, such shoes were not commercially available. But today many manufacturers produce variations of the ballet flat. Not to be outdone, a carriage horse in Central Park showed off its own spring shoes: hooves painted with purple glitter.
  2. I love how the NYT Style section is always so hopelessly behind...seems like every "hot trend" they jump on has been hot for about a year already.
  3. I love the purple glitter on the horse :smile:
  4. Yes !!:p But you know it's not their specialty and they make sure EVERYONE knows by now, even men and the most oblivious.....
    Flats...let's me think...since 2005 ??? together with the skinnies, a la Moss.
  5. ... I hope they never go out.
  6. Flats are flats. They'll never go out of style. It's like a Chanel suit.
  7. love flats! painless way to look fabulous!
  8. Flats have always been a staple in my wardrobe in the spring/summer. Very comfy and cute.
  9. the horse with purple glitter is cute!
    i love flats, so comfy and cute.