FIT or other fashion schools?

1. So, I know there's been sort of a thread on the "best fashion schools" before, but my question is slightly different. I don't want to study to become a designer, I want to study fashion marketing or become a buyer. I heard that FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology) in NYC is the best for what I want to do, but does anyone have any other suggestions, or any experience with FIT or other schools? TIA:smile:

2. i am in the fashion merchandising program at the fashion institute of technoligy and i can tell you that this is the best school to go to if you want to be in the business end of the fashion industry. it is very well respected, we have a lot of well know alum and there are constantly jobs and internships available.

3. FIT (Calvin Klein and Carolina Herrera went here) in New York City is one of the best, my sister plans on applying to that school this year. My friend goes there and she loves it. She's majoring in Fashion Merchandising Management. Another pretigious school of fashion in located in California and it's the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (Monique Lhuillier and Pamela Skaist-Levy went there). Good luck with your application process!

4. how 'bout Philadelphia University?

5. I don't know much about fashion schools but there's also FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising). It's based in California.

I have a friend who went to FIDM in Los Angeles. She works as a merchandising manager at Bloomingdales now.

Good luck with your school search!

6. FIT and Parsons.

7. A friend of my sister went to FIDM in LA and she loved it. Parsons in NYC is great as well.

8. I have a friend that went to Emerson College in marketing which is also a great school with some great alum...think Bobbi Brown

9. I go to Marist College with is more business centered than FIT. You graduate with a business minor when you major in Fashion Merchandising and the program is very well respected in the industry.

10. parsons doesn't have a merchandising program.

11. ^^Parsons has a fashion marketing program.