First VCA Necklace.. unsure on which ALhambra to buy

annie1232

Dec 28, 2015
Hello all!
I am planning on purchasing my first VCA pendant necklace... I am very unsure between the vintage alhambra in onyx or mother of pearl.. or a sweet alhambra in onyx? What do you think? I do want to have a vintage/sweet both at the same time in the future but I have been saving for one at the moment!

Thank you all :biggrin:

Reactions: tutushopper
Hello all!
I am planning on purchasing my first VCA pendant necklace... I am very unsure between the vintage alhambra in onyx or mother of pearl.. or a sweet alhambra in onyx? What do you think? I do want to have a vintage/sweet both at the same time in the future but I have been saving for one at the moment!

Thank you all :biggrin:

Hello! I had exactly the same debate myself about this last year when I was looking at buying my first pendant. I only discovered VCA when I saw a friend wearing a vintage onyx pendant and I initially thought that's what I would get. But when I went into the boutique to try it on, it just didn't wow me. So the SA suggested I try on the YG MOP and that was it-fell in love! I think it really depends on your colouring and wardrobe-on my Indian skin tone with dark hair and a wardrobe full of neutrals the MOP just pops more than the onyx. In fact I recently tried on the onyx again to 'double check' I didn't want it before the recent price increase and felt the same-looks amazing on others just not on me! As for the sweet, for me it feels too small to wear on its own but could look great layered with another pendant. So my advice would be to try them both on and see what makes your heart sing-it may not be the one you thought! GL deciding!

My first purchase was the all rose gold alhambra pendant. I figured that I'd want to wear it a lot since it's my first VCA and the all gold version is the only one you can wear 24/7. But I bought this pendant for my wedding, which is next year, and I've promised myself that I won't wear it until then. I really wanted something to wear now so I bought the holiday pendant in onyx. If you are considering onyx I'd get to a VCA quickly and try on the holiday pendant before it sells out! This is probably the only time you'll be able to get a rose gold onyx necklace!

As for the size difference, the sweets are really small. I like them for earrings and bracelets and for stacking necklaces. But if you're considering a sweet to wear alone, maybe you could get the diamond version? It would stand out more.

Reactions: HeidiDavis
I had considered the pave sweet pendant as my first pendant too. But once I tried it on, I could see it was too small. I went with the holiday pendant. I don't love the onyx as much as MOP but I know I will want an onyx pendant at some time in the future so I am going to keep the holiday pendant. If I had to choose, onyx and rose gold is a beautiful combo. I'll just add an MOP to my VCA goals list. [emoji6]

I had your same dilemma a few years back. The Sweet doesn't come in onyx, though, which is what I really wanted....so I got the Vintage size. A lot of it has to do with skintone, I've discovered. The MOP is so iconic, so I thought I would love that...but it didn't work on me. I think the MOP looks amazing on those with a bit of color to their skin. My skin is pale and freckly, though, and the MOP just blended in and the stone almost looked a sickly green/gray. For me, the onyx stands out better, and goes with all the black I wear. :smile:

I had your same dilemma a few years back. The Sweet doesn't come in onyx, though, which is what I really wanted....so I got the Vintage size. A lot of it has to do with skintone, I've discovered. The MOP is so iconic, so I thought I would love that...but it didn't work on me. I think the MOP looks amazing on those with a bit of color to their skin. My skin is pale and freckly, though, and the MOP just blended in and the stone almost looked a sickly green/gray. For me, the onyx stands out better, and goes with all the black I wear. :smile:

I have to agree with Heidi. Mop did not look good on me but onyx and gold popped.

I suggest go to VCA and try different necklaces on.
I also [emoji173]️ sweet pave. That's on my next shopping list. [emoji7]

I had considered the pave sweet pendant as my first pendant too. But once I tried it on, I could see it was too small. I went with the holiday pendant. I don't love the onyx as much as MOP but I know I will want an onyx pendant at some time in the future so I am going to keep the holiday pendant. If I had to choose, onyx and rose gold is a beautiful combo. I'll just add an MOP to my VCA goals list. [emoji6]

Changed my mind. I could not keep a piece I wasn't crazy about. For that much money I could only keep it if I LOVED it. I returned the onyx and bought (surprise) a carnelian. I love the yellow gold with MOP too. But the carnelian really wowed me. Like other posters, I think it is dependent on your skin tone. The onyx just darkened me too much. The MOP was so much lighter and brighter. The carnelian is the perfect compromise. The red pops yet the rose gold blends will my skin.

Reactions: BBC
Hello all, I took you up on your advice to go in and the mother of pearl vintage was so beautiful but it looked awful on me. However the sweet Alhambra in mother of pearl looked adorable. That's going to be my first purchase but I'm going to wait until the Harrods 10% weekend. The vintage in onyx will be on my list for next purchase or if I get a Boyfriend before Christmas I will ask him to get me that

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 2,699
Hello all, I took you up on your advice to go in and the mother of pearl vintage was so beautiful but it looked awful on me. However the sweet Alhambra in mother of pearl looked adorable. That's going to be my first purchase but I'm going to wait until the Harrods 10% weekend. The vintage in onyx will be on my list for next purchase or if I get a Boyfriend before Christmas I will ask him to get me that

These would look great layered [emoji177]

Reactions: annie1232