First size on big women

I'm 5'9" and average, and the First is waaay too small for me. I feel like I'm carrying my daughters bag! Not to mention that it just doesnt hold enough of my crap. I had a First and sold it. No regrets. My daughter is 5'10" and 120 (or so) pounds and it looks okay on her, but she is small boned. I say go for the City or even the Work.

I am 5'8.5", 150* and "top heavy" and I think a First looks surprisingly big on me. I don't like it because it doesn't have enough room for all my junk, tho... ;)

*(of course I'm lying about my weight, so factor that in... ;) )

I'm 5'8" or 5'9" (depending on if I've been to yoga -- ha!) and 190 pounds -- definitely a full-figured gal!

The First looks absolutely cute on me. I think for two reasons -- 1) if I wear the shoulder strap, the strap guard adds width (and if the handles are on my wrist, it's fine, too) and 2) the tassels also add dimension in a flowy way.

So don't shy away from First just because you're tall -- my sister-in-law is 5'11" and the First looks great on her, too.

In fact, I think the City size looks a little clunky on me by comparison. The First is definitely a more elegant bag. But I'll be buying a City anyway and use the color choice to lighten the impact.

IMHO, these bags are so beautiful, they all look great on women!

upload the pic to photobucket or something and then when you make a new post, click the mountain in a yellow box icon and put the URL from the specific pic in photobucket.

I can do it for you if you want. *wink*

I'm 5'9" with no shoes on and a size 16.

Of course this depends from person to person, but I think the First is too small on taller women. It also depends on your body shape as well. I think the City is the perfect size for me and I'm really excited about the Brief and also looking at Bowling, to play with shapes and proportions on myself.

Some people also prefer smaller/larger purses depending on what they like to carry around also.

It's all up to you, though!

IMHO, these bags are so beautiful, they all look great on women!

Yeah ITA! I can't imagine how a first would look weird on anybody, regardless of your size. The first is my favorite bag and definitely most comfortable for me size-wise. But I'm like 5'3/105 lb. Anything bigger than a first feels like a "big bag" for me. But anyway I think firsts look great on everyone. If you like the size of it then don't worry. It'll look good!

I think that a first may look too small on you. I'm 5'4, 100lbs and I think the first almost looks too small on me. Try the city, I think it would be the perfect size for you.

i'm 5'8-9 and i have a flat brass first and i love it. but it's definitely a going out/shopping bag, and i don't think i'll get another first. it doesn't mean i love it less, but if it weren't for it being so special i'd rather have a bigger bag if that makes any sense whatsoever :confused1:

I'm 5'7" and a size 14-16...and as fiatflux so eloquently said, "top heavy". I have one first, and I love it, but it's really too small to use as an everyday bag for me (city is better for that). However, that's just because I tend to carry a lot of stuff around with me.

I was concerned about the same thing you are - when I got my first, I checked in the mirror to see if it looked too tiny, and I truly don't think it does. It is great for going out, when I just want to carry essentials. And I just love its little shape!

As a side note, I just want to say thank you for posting this thread. Looking at all the pics of lovely, tiny, adorable women on this thread sometimes makes me feel like an Amazon.:P

As a side note, I just want to say thank you for posting this thread. Looking at all the pics of lovely, tiny, adorable women on this thread sometimes makes me feel like an Amazon.:P

Another glamazon here...I'm 5'9 and a topheavy size 14-16 too. ;)

I've tried on the smaller B-bags and they all look silly on me. :sad: So I mainly buy the bigger ones: Days, Works, Weekenders. What I really need is time to try on every B-bag to see which one fits my frame best. Sometimes I feel the SAs push the Work bag on me because it's a more expensive bag. :confused1: