First Louis Vuitton Purchase

1. Hello all!

I'm new here and I need some guidance. I'm planning on buying my first Louis Vuitton purse for my birthday, and I'm undecided on which style to get. I've been carrying a Dooney Signature tote for the last six or seven years and it has served me well, but I'm ready to upgrade! I love the size of my current purse which is 12" x 12" x 4" with 12" handles, so I'm thinking the Batignolles Vertical or Cabas Mezzo would be a nice replacement. What do you think?

I would love to hear your opinions!
  2. Hi! Welcome to the tPF and the LV forum! Good idea to update and get your first LV. Both of your choices are really good ones. I would go with the Cabas Mezzo only because I am not fond of bags with an open top. I wish I could get over that, but I haven't been able to do that so I prefer bags with zippered tops! Good luck with your decision!
  3. I'd go for the BH... that way, you won't have to constantly be worrying about the vachetta on the bottom of the Cabas Mezzo.
  4. I would go for the BV.
  5. :welcome:! ITA w/John, BH gets my vote! But it all depends on how the you feel w/the bag, let us know what you get and please share the pix too!
  6. I would go for the BH not the's too deep. The Cabas Mezzo is a great bag with the security of the zipper however the leather vachetta underneath is prone to get very dirty...just my two cents!! Good Luck on your choice!
  7. out of those two, i'd go for BV (i think BH would be nicer). you can also consider popincourt haute and other newer items like the palermo and tivoli (i think they are just soooo gorgeous..).
  8. what about the Neverfull MM? Otherwise I think the Cabas Mezzo would be a perfect first LV!
  9. you can also consider bags from the damier line, like saleya, hampstead etc.
  10. i'd get the batignolles. it's just awesome.
  11. I have the BH and don't use it as often as my Damier Saleya...I LOVE that bag...and always get tons of compliments when I carry it...and it's practical which I love too...
  12. BH is gorgeous, but open top
    I love mezzo, but vachetta bottom
    How about popincourt haut?
  13. :yes::tup: or go for the BH...
  14. totally agree, unless you're planning on buying the mezzo used, BTW isnt this bag discontinued?
  15. Welcome OregonGirl! The Purse Forum is great! Everyone is so nice and extremely helpful!
    My vote is for the BH! Gorgeous bag!:yes: