First Hérmes buy?

Welcome to tpf and Hermes subforum.:smile:
You can learn a lot from this forum so enjoy browsing and looking at pictures. There are so many nice ones in the reference section. Don't feel intimidated by the store and the SA's...you are the customer after all.
As for your first purchase, my vote is also for a twilly. There are so many beautiful ones and you can do a lot with them. I like to wrap one around the handle of a bag.

Welcome. The accessories is a good start. I started off going down the Hermes slope from a bracelet :smile:

By the way, the è in Hermes is in the second e. Hermès.

I was in the NY Hermes store for the first time during the NY meet.
I actually thought everthing I looked at was going to be like over-the-top expensive.
I bought 2 beautiful scarves, and spent just over $500. I saw so many items that were just beautiful. Remember too, do you need a new agenda? scarf? buy something you just love...enjoy!

There a a few things under 150 $ but don't panic if you look at the small leather goods and see prices of 500 $ plus; sometimes there is more work required in the smaller items and they are priced accordingly. Also, anything with a zip in the agenda range will be pricey plus the small coin purses. I agree with the other posters, an animal book mark or a pochette or twilly would be a lovely first buy. Also, ask about the scented drawer liners, they are about 50 $ and will make your drawers smell wonderful.

If you already have a pendant, then a plain simple leather 'thong' or thin strap to hang it off, is about 80$ - I have a barenia one with contrast stitching, you can also wear it as a bracelet, it wraps about 5 times around your wrist.

While you are there, ask about the different leathers and colours, most SAs are really keen to share their knowledge and he or she might get out a couple of bags to look at and try on.

Go into the store with the idea that you will have some fun, buy something and learn something, and don't be put off, it's just a shop and you are the customer.