First dispute settled... now what?

1. I'm new to eBay and have never had any problems. But last night, I found Tokidoki stationery for only 1.30$BIN -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200149793486

I bought it, paid, and went to bed. This morning I woke up to three emails -- an Unpaid Item Mutual Agreement, an email from PayPal saying I'd be refunded, and something about Order Cancellation and Refund.

The last email was directly from the seller, and included the following snippet:

"Thanks for having shopped with Sysqs / Sysqsystems and waited patiently while we tried to seek your purchased items from one of our several suppliers. Unfortunately, for the underneath item, none seem to have it in stock readily or have an indication of when they may get restocked."

Okay, cool. She went on to explain that I had been refunded, and then was helpful enough (especially to a newbie like me) to include step-by-step instructions on how to deal with the dispute, what other emails I should get, etc.

So I did what the instructions said and closed the dispute, agreeing that it was a mutual decision. I got an email back from eBay saying the dispute case was closed and I'm not liable to pay her anything now. But eBay SUmmary still says the item is unpaid for -- will that eventually change to reflect the dispute's status?

Also, it says I can still leave/receive feedback for this transaction. Since I never really got the item, should I? I do appreciate the communication (especially when they found they had none in stock and filed the dispute) but I'm not sure if it should be positive or neutral?

2. It probably won't change to reflect the dispute's status. If you want to remove it, you can delete it from your control panel. As far as feedback goes, it sounds like the seller was quick communicating with you to let you know they could not get the item, although they shouldn't have been selling something they didn't have. I would personally leave positive feedback or no feedback. Maybe say something like "seller didn't have product, but received prompt refund".

3. It won't change, weird how it does that but you have no obligation beyond this.

4. Thanks for the advice, guys. :smile: Deleting it from my "Won" thing got rid of the payment reminder, and I left them positive feedback saying that they didn't have any in stock, but there was a very fast refund and good communication. :smile:

5. You're welcome! :smile: