First Chanel - Which One?

1. Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum and have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts! You all know so much!

Well, I've decided to buy my first Chanel bag, but I can't decide which! I really love the black GST, but I'm wondering if it's too big. Here's what I'm looking for: a bag I can carry on my shoulder, big enough to hold a water bottle, wallet, cell phone and lip gloss, one that is classic looking that will look fantastic years and years from now and one that can go from day to night. The GST seems like the perfect fit for me, I didn't like how stiff the medallion tote was, but I'm thinking the PST is too small for me. I'm only 5'4", so I don't want to be overwhelmed.

What do you all think? Will the GST be too big? Any other suggestions?

2. Welcome to tPF!!!:welcome:

I love the GST and PST:yes:
    Have you had the opportunity to try them both on?
    I'm a little more than an inch shorter than you and I didn't feel the GST overwhelmed me, I'll attach a pic for reference.

That said, everything you named should fit into the PST if you think it's a better fit for you.

3. I love GST!!!Its such a classic and functional bag!!!
  4. I don't think the GST is too big. Look at Swanky...she's shorter than you and she looks absolutely fabulous with it. Welcome and a future congrats to you. :smile:
  5. ^your screen name always makes me smile :biggrin:
    it's so cute!
  6. Thanks everyone! Such quick replies! Yes, I tried on the GST at my Chanel boutique in Saks the other week and didn't think it was too big, but I'm never sure! Are there any Chanel bowler type bags that I should look for? Such a dilemma, but if I'm going to pay, I want to make sure it's the right one and I've looked at all my options! This bag will cost me more than a month's mortgage payment! Eeeekk! :shocked: LOL But I'm sure it will be worth it, that's why I can't stop thinking about it! So excited! I'm definitely leaning towards the GST. I'm going to go to the boutique again tomorrow to "pet" them and possibly get one!

TIA for your help!!
  7. Okay, just saw a picture of the expandable tote and I'm thinking that looks adorable! What's the size difference? Price difference?

This could become a dangerous addiction! :love:

8. well, are you a tote girl? Do you need a shoulder bag as opposed to a hand or arm bag?

All big questions! LOL!
    We're very serious about finding teh right bag!

The concern a few people have w/ the expandable is the big stitching, some people are afraid it's a little delicate/could get caught and pulled a little.
    Then there's Jill who has 3 Expandables already! LOL!
  9. Swanky... you look great wearing the bag...:smile:

Yes I agree, the expandable is gorgeous and I love Jill's collection... but if it's going to be a first chanel, I think GST will be great as it's a more classic chanel bag...provided you like to carry a bigger bag, some of us just do... if not a PST should look great either one would be a good choice, you just have to decide on the size....let us know your decision and show pics...:p
  10. I definitely want more of a shoulder bag. A bag that I could wear on the shoulder or on the arm is perfect too. I have a Michael Kors bag that is an arm bag and I don't use it much because it's so heavy, but I can't wear it on my shoulder. What is the expandable like in comparison size-wise to the GST? How can it be worn?

11. LOL! Just saw this, swanky. T'anks :cutesy:
  12. The expandable is gorgeous too! Try a few on at the boutique, put your stuff in them and walk around to see how you feel. :smile:
  13. I like the expandable tote this season (actually I like and have one from last season too but it's totally different). It is big, smooshy and cool looking. I have had no problems with the stitching -- I think only one or two people have -- and use my last season bag alot.

The GST does seem to be really popular among Chanel lovers. The caviar wears like iron and it holds alot. It does have an open top, which is good and bad at the same time.
  14. I'm just going to go to the store today and try them all on and then make up my mind. Such a dilemma to have! Thanks everyone for all your help!