Finally - my first B-Bag!

1. Hi
    I am stars, an American expat living in London. I don't contribute too much, mostly read. Up until now I didn't own any b-bags to talk about...:sad:

However.....that changed one week ago! :biggrin:

Why did I wait until today to tell you? Because I was not sure which bag would be mine...... I went to a special sale night at Harvey Nichols where at the register you were able to pick a paper out of a box and get either 10%, 20%, 30%, 40% or 50% off. Oh how I was hoping for a 50%!!!! I knew I wanted a lilac but I was not sure whether I wanted a first or a city. I wound up getting both - but I only got 10% off. Over the past week I have debated all of the pros and cons of each size, b/c my husband did not want me to keep both - especially as they were the same color. Yesterday I finally settled on the first and took the city back to Harvey Nicks. Hubby and I agreed I could get a city next spring (I don't like the fall/winter colours) when new colours come out. Unless of course I can find a city on big sale - then I will get it sooner! But what is the chance of that? I would love an origan city!

In case anyone in the US is jealous of my 10% discount....don't today's exchange rate even with the discount I paid more than I would have for retail in the US. That was the other reason I didn't keep both bags - I am better off buying a bbag on a trip back to the US or from the Paris store than buying it here at a 10% discount!

Anyway, not to make this post any longer, but yesterday I took my first first (ha!) out for it's first spin! Yay!! I haven't taken pictures yet, but I will, soon!
  2. stars, congrats on your first bbag! Your 10% discount, I say, is better than nothing, right? Please post pics of your lilac first! As everyone will tell you here, your addiction has begun!!!!!
  3. Congrats stars!! Was this Harvey Nics sale exclusive/invitation only? Damn I wish I could have gone!! Can't wait to see pics!
  4. Thanks! Yes...the addiction has certainly begun! I guess there are worse things to be addicted to, right? And yes - 10% is better than nothing!
  5. congrats stars!! can't wait to see your pics!!!!!!
  6. I found out about it by accident. I was in the store the day before and they had little cards out and I asked an SA (not in handbags - another department) and she said it was only for Harvey Nicks cardholders (which I am not) and it was only for certain departments. There were little Amex symbols on the card so I checked out the Amex site and it said you could get in if you showed your Amex at the door. Sooo....they tried to make it seem like it was very exclusive, but the reality was, it was not. It was last Tuesday in the evening and there was a band playing outside the main doors. They didn't ask you to show anything when you went in - they just handed out cards detailing the "pick your sale". I purchased my bbag from Vanessa, who might be a manager, and she was really sweet. She told me there might be another sale again soon and if I was signed up on the Harvey Nicks mailing list I would find out about it. So go to the site and sign up! If I hear anything I will let you know!
  7. Wow!! Thanx!
  8. CONGRATS stars :flowers: !!! Can't wait to see pics ;) :yes:
  9. Woohoo! Congrats on your Lilac First!!! Can't wait to see pics either:smile:
  10. Yay! Congrats on your Lilac First, Stars! Look forward to seeing the lovely pics! :smile:
  11. Congrats! And what a lovely story....were you nervous while picking out your discount number?
  12. Congrats, Stars!! :flowers: Can't wait to see pics!!

Welcome to the PF and the bbag obsession (bwahahaha!) :graucho:
  13. congratulations, stars!
    what a fun way to get your first b-bag. and yes, 10% is better than 0% anytime!!
  14. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :yahoo: The first one always brings so much joy & excitement! Please post pics when you can! And WELCOME!
  15. Congrats and welcome!!