Finally my dream arrived: BI purse! But it's NOT love at first sight

It will get smooshier in time. The newness will wear off. Yes, you could try treating it with conditioners. I wouldn't look for another one since it probably took you awhile to find this one.

Oh no first..."I" I'm so sorry you're not happy with your BI purse:sad: I agree with the others and think that you should try the apple conditioner and also use the bag so that the leather gets softer. I remember my eggplant coin purse was actually stiff and shiny at first but after using it for a while it became really squishy:heart: so don't give it up! You looked so hard for it as well :smile: but don't keep it if you really think you won't grow to love it.

:yahoo: congratulations!! but with the style and colour you should keep her. she dosen't look all that bad have you tried LMB? I definately know what you mean about the older bags though. Once you experience the older leathers there's no turning back :yes:

Firstclass, you have an amazing collection and if this doesn't meet your standards then sell it. Keep searching. Too bad the new aqua doesn't come in the purse style, that would have been a lovely color for you.

Girl that bag is stunning!! I adore BI in the Purse, I actually think it's the color I prefer for the Purse. I'm sure once it's broken in you'll love it to pieces!! I say definitely keep it, who knows if you'll ever find another one especially in such excellent shape. Once again - WOW!! She's a beauty!! :drool:

Oh no "I"... I know you were looking for this FOREVER! I totally know what it's like to have a dream bag and feel disappointed when you get...but sometimes it's just a question of putting aside your expectations and going with what you've got, you know? And then often times you're pleasantly surprised. I would try some Apple conditioner on it for sure to see if it takes away the stiffness, and then you can decide after that:smile:

Ooooooh Firstclass congratulations!!! finally, your dream bag!!!
06 leathers were spotty. Believe it or not, yours isn't too bad! I know it's not what you expected, but give it a shot anyway. The leather on my Ink day was so unappealing at first, I couldn't decide whether I wanted it, and now it's gotten softer and lost some of the shine, and I never ever wish it were different!
The stiffness of the leather makes me less careful than with the other bags, and it's somewhat a relief to have a Balenciaga that I'm not afraid of damaging.
I would recommend holding off on conditioners and see how much happens just with use. Give it a few weeks, and then condition if you see fit.

yay, i'm so happy you're giving her a chance first :yahoo:...it's true that the '06 leather gets softer, matter (is that a word, lol?!?! :P) & more vintagey-looking over time...the color is gorgeous & i think she'll break in nicely :heart:

I really really appreciate all your sympathize comments :yes: - you're my BEST friends and I'm relieved to pour out my heart and to tell about my doubts refered to this new purse !! THANK YOU ALL very very much :heart:

After reading all your lovely comments I already think to keep it . . . to wear it a few days - to give her a chance - and then ..... let's see and wait ;) :supacool: :rolleyes: !

I'll keep you posted and will make some other pics on daylight this weekend.

THANK YOU SO MUCH ladies :tender:
Sorry you weren't blown away as you expected, but I'm glad you're going to give it a little try before deciding. I'm 100% with Slinkies:heart: . As 06 leather goes, yours looks pretty good, and I think the shine and veinyness will break down in time. Mine have:yes: . I think your BI Purse looks beeeeeeeeeeautiful!!

Oh, "I", I'm sorry to hear this wasn't what you expected. :sad: Hugs to you! :heart:
hug.gif
:heart:

Everyone has given you great advice! But I'm glad that you're giving this cute little bag a chance. The leather does look nice and thick, and the shine should go away with some use. Please keep us updated on how everything turns out! :smile:

Congrats, that you finally found her and I would give her a chance rather than sell her right away as the possibility that you'll find another, better BI purse are almost down to zero. I'm sure that LMB will help with the veiny and shiny look.
Hugs, First!:yes:

Firstclass, she is beautiful!!!:love: I see what you mean about the leather, yet I truly believe that that it will change if you condition it or wear it a lot- I have a 06 City and the leather is sooo smooshy and soft- I love it as much as the leather on my 05 First. And the style and color combination of your BI Purse is just TDF:love:- I am sure it looks fabulous on you! Hope you fall in love with it over the week-end!Fingers crossed!:yes::heart:

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH :winkiss: :love: - you all are soooooooo helpful, sensitive and real experts ! I profit from your experiences and am so grateful for your support and your opinions ! THANKS AGAIN to all of you lovely girls :heart:

I just made some pics - modeling and comparison with my other purses :

attachment.php

collection: '04 seafoam and pumpkin (orange), '05 caramel, '06 pale rose and blue india
attachment.php

comparison-pics: '04 seafoam and '06 blue india
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 124-2434_IMG.JPG
    124-2434_IMG.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 887
  • 124-2430.pf_IMG.jpg
    124-2430.pf_IMG.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 71