Finalist of The Best Cover Contest 2006

1. 2006 BEST CELEBRITY COVER FINALISTS

[​IMG]
    Check out the Finalists of Best Cover Contest 2006, sponsored by American Society of Magazine Editors.

The winner will be announced later today (3:15pm EST).

2. My favourites are Bazaar & Life.

How about you ?

3. yep,my favourites are bazaar&life,too;)

4. Wow, Scarlett on 2 out of 6.

I like new York.

5. bazar is hto.

but whats this based on

6. two scarlett covers!!!
    i like them both, also the bazaar one, julianne is gorgeous!

7. I like Bazaar and New York...(even if I'm not a fan of Scarlett) its a good picture.

8. Bazaaar's :heart:

9. AND THE WINNER IS..... [/B]

[​IMG]
    ]Julianne Moore[/B]'s Harper's Bazaar and Busta Rhymes' Vibe covers tied for the American Society of Magazine Editors' Best Celebrity Cover Contest for 2006.

<B>
    On Julianne's cover​
    </B>
    : Like so many great moments in fashion, this Julianne Moore cover photographed by Peter Lindbergh is iconic because it breaks all the rules. Traditionally, Moore is not a guaranteed grand slam on the newsstand. In this case, her face is partially obscured by her hair, and her smile isn&#8217;t broad. Furthermore, both her dress and the type are green&#8212;a color not normally reflected in high newsstand sales. Here, however, green struck gold. Newsstand sales for this issue increased by more than 10% compared to the January 2005 issue of Bazaar. If Harper&#8217;s Bazaar had done cover research, this cover would never have been produced&#8212;which just goes to show that the first rule of a successful cover is that there are no rules.​

On Busta's cover: Not many celebrities are willing to poke fun at their controversies. When rapper Busta Rhymes was attacked for allegedly withholding information in the murder of his bodyguard, he accepted VIBE&#8217;s invitation to address it. ​

10. i love julianne moore :p
    although i kinda like the new york cover with scarlett & woody

11. Just loved Harper's Bazaar!

12. i was drawn to the bazzar's cover because of how everything tie to each other... the font, the color, and the image... :flowers:

13. ew, life!

definitely new york and premiere.