Fendi Spy

1. Hi Guys,
    I'm new to this blog. I really love the looks of the Fendi spy, but I'm looking for your advice, is it only an it bag which will be out of style after a few months or is it longer lasting? I don't want to spend almost 2 grand on something that is already out of style or will be soon.
    Also, does the YSL Muse bag fall in the same category? As only in for a few months?
    I really want a large oversized leather bag for work but again, don't want to get something that is going to go out of style as soon as I buy it.
    Thanks in advance for your responses!:yes:
  2. Welcome to the forum!!!

I own a spy and I love it. I think a lot of people do think it's trendy and will go out of style.. others think it's a classic (this depends on the colors, etc)

For me though, i'd want to wear my spy when no one is wearing it but i'm kinda :upsidedown:

If you would like to purchase a bag that will last through the years, I'd go w/ a chanel or a lv :yes:
  3. Thanks for the advice, I was beginning to think no one was going to respond! I already do have a Speedy 30, I kind of just wanted a large leather bag for work purposes. I'd really like the Spy in a brown, but I don't think they sell that color anymore, only the Honey?
  4. i just bought a Fortuny Hologram Spy and i'm MADLY in love with it. i know i'll be carrying it whether it's still in style or not. i think it really doesn't matter what's in style and what isn't. what matters is that you like it and it looks good on you :yes:
  5. I have one and I love it. It's gorgeous and it doesn't scream "Hey, I spend this much on my bag" like Louis or Chanel.
  6. I think it's a trendy bag but that didn't stop me from buying THREE!:nuts: I think the bottom line if you LOVE it - GO FOR IT, unless you are one of those people that follow the "What's IN and what's OUT" rule of the fashion magazines.:p
  7. I think if you're looking for a classic work bag and want something that you won't regret down the road, I'd personally recommend a chocolate Muse. The simplicity of the lines, lack of frou-frou detail, really make it a classic in my book. Plus with the size choices, you can get the one that suits you best.

The Spy is a "fun" bag but I do think it's a bit trendy. And I know that they're a bit more delicate and tempermental--a few people have had problems with their Spy...
  8. Thanks for all the advice guys, I've got to get to the stores and test out the difference between a spy and a muse. Does anyone know if they still make the Cognac Spy or if I will only be able to get it on eBay, which always makes me nervous after a bad experience in the past...:sad:
  9. I think it's a fashionable bag. But realize in a year or two while it may no longer be the IT bag it will still be bag that makes a statement of luxury, and quality.
  10. I simply love it and if u ask me, I doubt it will go out of style. It's just gorgeous!
  11. I :heart: the spy - think it is going to be around for a while yet!
  12. welcome! i have a honey spy bag and i absolutely LOOOVVEE it!! its a classic, quality bag, but also trendy and hip. amazing! hope u get one!
  13. Hi,

I'm new to this blog so here it goes...

I have a black Fendi Spy and really love it! I was worried that it wouldn't have any staying power also. I always check the upcoming seasons fashion runway looks and so far the Spy bag has been around for at least four seasons and going strong.

I'm not sure about YSL but it made it from last Spring into this Fall so you may want to consider it.

You also may want to consider a new Fall Gucci bag. The double Gs are a great look and are updated from the 1960s or 70s. It would be a classic to have forever. As soon as I pay off my credit card.....

Good Luck.
  14. same for me!