Fendi Spy

1. Hi,
    I am new to buying a Fendi bag. I just purchased a Small Spy Bag in Chocolate Brown from NM. The leather is just TDF. I just love the bag! I have used the bag two times and it seems like some of the color is fading around the zipper. I also noticed that an area on the handle is faded. NM had just gotten the bag in a day or two before I purchased it. Are these bags very delicate? I have several other bags by Chanel, Balenciaga and Chloe and never have had this happen. Do I go back to NM and say something? I'm not a real big complainer...

Thanks for the advice!

2. Hmm..thats not supposed to I don't think! I've heard it happens with fakes though. Also with wear the real ones "blush", but that takes time. I'm not the spy expert though so you should wait for someone else's opinion:shrugs: Have any pics of it? Based on my limited knowledge I'd show neiman and possibly exchange it for another.

3. C- you may want to return the bag, the "blushing" is a little premature on your baby spy. This happens with some spy bags, especially the chocolate, but usually as they age. You can condition it when it gets to that point & it has a "weathered" look that is really nice. You can also refresh color later with colorant if you don't care for the blushing. I have found the Nappa leather is pretty easy to work with if you chose to enrich the color later...but I actually prefer the slightly blushed look. :yes:

I enriched the color on my 2005/6 baby spy, & now I regret it, because it looked so cool with the blushing & a little conditioner...:crybaby:

4. Thank you so much for the advice! I do like the blushing, I was just worried because it is happening after just 2 times of light wear.