Fendi Spy @ Sam's Club

Jinsun

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
A couple days ago I was at Sam's Club w/my parents. I was browsing the jewelry and hangbag section. I saw the Fendi Spy for $1,600. It wasn't all leather.....the leather was dark brown w/Dark Brown Fendi logo. I was so tempted, but I didn't because of the whole Fendi/Wal-Mart case. Do you think it's true? Do you really think Sam sells fake? I mean, I've seen $20,000 diamond engagement rings in the showcase.

Jinsun said:
A couple days ago I was at Sam's Club w/my parents. I was browsing the jewelry and hangbag section. I saw the Fendi Spy for $1,600. It wasn't all leather.....the leather was dark brown w/Dark Brown Fendi logo. I was so tempted, but I didn't because of the whole Fendi/Wal-Mart case. Do you think it's true? Do you really think Sam sells fake? I mean, I've seen $20,000 diamond engagement rings in the showcase.

I saw an all-leather Spy (stored inside glass case) at a local Sam's Club for more than $2100USD a few months ago. Though Fendi sued Sam's/Walmart for selling fakes, we will have to wait for the final ruling to be certain.

My soon to be mother in law showed me a burberry bag she purchased at Sam's 1 month ago. I'm not familar w/Burberry so I couldn't tell whether it was fake for not. Plus I figured it was real since it's from Sam's. But after hearing it on the news......I didn't know what to think. I told my boyfriend about it but I couldn't tell his mom. I would feel bad.

It would be hard to tell if we don't have pictures. One thing we discussed in a previous thread is the top of fake spy bags tend to have seams that are stitched improperly, particularly on the top flap. I would compare the stitching to a known quality spy bag. Also, the quality and texture of the leather. I learned the hard way. I have saved pics of correct spy bags on my computer so if I come across one I am looking for, I can be more sure.

Pink*Petunia said:
I don't know if it's true or not, but I would not take the chance.

exactly!!! Only buy from a reputable store, I get most of my spies from Barneys since I dont really like Fendi's costumer service honestly! :huh:

I haven't seen any Spy bags at Sam's, but the Fendi bags I did see were of such poor quality I believe they were fake. I thought that before the lawsuit even got under way because something just was not quite right about the whole situation.