Fendi Spy Holograms--Are they all the same?

1. Quick question for everyone with authentic Spy bags. What is the hologram tag supposed to look like? Mine has the hologram, then the letter A embroidered into the label, and below that a string of numbers printed finely. Seems like the majority I see just have the string of numbers, and no "A." Please clarify for me! Thanks!

2. My camera isn't charged-- but my cognac bag has the same style hologram tag as eBay auction 250018662541.
    Please check it out, I am dying to know about this!

3. Here is a pic of all three of my hologram stickers (all my SPY bags are store bought). HTH.

spyhologram1.jpg
  4. The Fendi Spy was first released in S/S 05. The format of the hologram serial tag number of the original batch of spies is:
    first row: A
    second row: XXXXXX (numeric)

In F/W 05, Fendi switched the format of the hologram serial tag number.
    one row: AXXXXXXX (the first X is an alpha character, the next 6 Xs are numeric). Some alpha characters that I have documented as being used in authentic spies are C, D, E, and F.
    It has been this format ever since.

Any spies that do not follow the appropriate hologram serial number format convention for their season are FAKE.

5. is there any way to tell what season the spy is from?

6. ^^^ I think large SPYs were only made in 2005.

7. Oops, I noticed a typo in what I wrote about F/W 05-current spies. The format should be:
    one row: AXXXXXX (the first X is an alpha character, the next 5 Xs are numeric). Some alpha characters that I have documented as being used in authentic spies are C, D, E, and F.
    It has been this format ever since.

8. Certain spy colors and styles were released for only one season. So as long as the spy isn't one of the permanent colors (black, chocolate brown, cognac) then you can easily tell what season the spy is from.

9. B was being used also, and now it already gets to G :yes:

10. i didn't see this thread earlier, but here is a photo of my hologram tag from my hologram spy that i sold.

P50812.jpg P50814.jpg
  11. this is just what I need to see to be sure that I owned a fake fendi wallet, this tags are real and mine does not have the front hologram, neither the numbers, this is very helpful, thanks

12. Can you tell me if I have a fake or real Fendi Spy? Bought it on eBay in 2006. It's white in nappa leather. There was a hologram there but I don't know where it has gotten now. The leather serial number is 2211 8BR511 R01 059 and then the number below the original hologram is A
    There was also an authenticity card with the ART. number 8BR511-RPU and REF. N 98866 in the size field it says TU F0GG8. Please help!

13. do you guys know what letter is it now as i just bought one and it said AJxxxxx tia