Feeling scared of the world lately.......

Bagluvluv

ALMA HUNTER
O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
I know that every generations cried wolf about the end of the world....or the worst war...and the sky is always falling...

But I cant help and feel that there is sooo much craziness going on right now.....

The weather, the earthquakes, the war, the violence that seems so random and without warrant.....

Im feeling very sad and scared.....just wanted to hear your perspectives.....:sad:

You are not alone. I've felt this way at times. I've even had the discussion with others. I think many feel this way. I try not to worry however because I know it's out of our control.
As my mother always says "We didn't come here to stay..we are just passing through".
What I know for certain is that we don't know when the world will end. All we can do is live our best life while we are here. Do good and hope that in the end our efforts are rewarded in Heaven. We can't prevent the end from coming so we may as well enjoy everyday we are here.

I've been feeling this way too. Lately I've been worried about everything, even small things like what if my boyfriend crashes his car or something happens to my parents on the train. Part of me wishes I was young again so I wouldn't know what was going on with the world :hrmm:

I feel the same way. Especially with the violence between human beings, not war related; the random stuff. I feel that the best you could do is just live your life to the fullest and have no regrets. Easier said then done, I know, but all we could do is try. :smile:

I've been feeling this way too. Lately I've been worried about everything, even small things like what if my boyfriend crashes his car or something happens to my parents on the train. Part of me wishes I was young again so I wouldn't know what was going on with the world :hrmm:

You took the words right out of my mouth:sad:

I feel this way pretty regularly. :sad: I hate watching the news, so I don't. The feeling of dread has increased 100x since having kids. Sometimes I wonder, "What in the world was I thinking....bringing two innocent souls into such a messed up world?" But then I try to console myself by thinking how life can be beautiful too....ultimately, we're all on a journey filled with ups and downs. It's all about trying to be ready for both.

I feel the same. Everywhere you look, at home and abroad, things seem to be falling apart. We just need to rise above it, let it not overshadow the way we live our lives. Difficult sometimes, I know. :shrugs:

I worry more about personal things, like disease and if I can really afford another Balenciaga. This is not to say that I am not up-to-date with current events, as I read a lot of news daily. I'm not yet seeing any reason to panic. Not in the US anyway.

I worry more about personal things, like disease and if I can really afford another Balenciaga. This is not to say that I am not up-to-date with current events, as I read a lot of news daily. I'm not yet seeing any reason to panic. Not in the US anyway.

Well, if the world ends...the US is going too. I know you didn't mean it that way but your post was funny to me....lol. :P

I understand your feelings. I find that I worry over every little thing. Since I had my children the feelings are even worse. I dont even watch the news anymore. I think Im to weak for the stresses of life....
I always say to my husband, that when Im 80 years old, and my kids are grown up, healthy and happy, then I will die happy, as all my fears for their future didnt come true. LOL..that may sound morbid but at least the stiffness in my shoulders will be down to rigor mortis, and not from being tense all the time:biggrin:

I understand your feelings. I find that I worry over every little thing. Since I had my children the feelings are even worse. I dont even watch the news anymore. I think Im to weak for the stresses of life....
I always say to my husband, that when Im 80 years old, and my kids are grown up, healthy and happy, then I will die happy, as all my fears for their future didnt come true. LOL..that may sound morbid but at least the stiffness in my shoulders will be down to rigor mortis, and not from being tense all the time:biggrin:

:yes::yes::yes:

I stopped watching the news on TV because it was too graphic and too much to take anymore. Reading about it is more bearable...

It's getting so bad though... and the worse is that all the bad things are emphasized, whereas most of the time, we never get to hear about what GOOD is happening in the world, around us... :sad:

^^ That's just it. You have to remember that there are so many great things going on in the world around you. For every person that dies...a baby is born. For every bad thing..there is a good thing happening. I see a lot of good going on in my everyday life.
It's sad that a lot of people just don't have the opportunity to see it because they may not be as fortunate or may live in conditions or under stresses that overshadow the good things in the world.

I don't watch the news either. I mainly read it...it's easier to take in that way.

I think Daran Keagan left CNN to start a website that would focus on good news. I think she was stressed from all that is going on too and wanted to put something positive out there. I have never heard about her site since that time but I'm going to check her out... Great concept!

I stopped watching the news on TV because it was too graphic and too much to take anymore. Reading about it is more bearable...​

It's getting so bad though... and the worse is that all the bad things are emphasized, whereas most of the time, we never get to hear about what GOOD is happening in the world, around us... :sad:

I know what you mean... I han't watched the news since I was 15 and I'm now 21... I know this is stupid, but I don't even know why we are at war w/ Iraq..

I try not to worry so much and just have fun.

I understand too. I worry about my future children dealing with global warming and overpopulation. I also worry about the everyday things. I am that annoying person driving like an old lady in the slow lane...I never want my fiancee to have to face this world alone, and I ask him to be as careful as me, for the same reason. I don't know what I would do without his positive attitude, cause thoughts like that would consume me!