Feeling particularly ugly and down

1. I'm having so much crap in my life right now with neighbours doing water damage on my flat to try and get it for cheap, nasty people right left and center in my life. It isn't helping with my weightloss because I'm stressed all the time (have only had one real holiday in the past 3 years), don't sleep, OD on coffee just to keep a clear head at times... It's getting to the point where I don't enjoy or want to do my work anymore.

Since last year, I've grown a bit of a "gut" and it bothers me immensely because it hangs everywhere and if I don't wear my "good" pants, it's really visible. Nothing I seem to do does anything to it.
    My confidence is shot to bits and I just don't feel "me" anymore.

Right now, I don't feel well in my clothes (although they fit properly), I feel like a clown with my makeup (which I thought looked great this morning) and just generally want to hide from the world.

I'm just getting discouraged and believing that I'll be fat and ugly for the rest of my life. :cry:

2. Big hug Perja! I know how you feel b/c it's how I feel every month around PMS time. You have to know that if your clothes still fit and your makeup looked good this morning it's just the stress and life's b/s getting you down. I know that the only thing that helps me get through rough times is exercise and friends. Even though it's tough to fit in exercise when you are so busy and tired it will help if you give it a chance. Any weight you gained you can and will get rid of, honey.

Pls don't be so hard on yourself !

3. I have days where I feel like that too...especially the part about clothes not feeling right and the "gut", etc... :cry: Seriously...for the past half year, I haven't been able to feel right in my clothes....
    I've always had a little bit of a belly and can't get rid of it!!
    But we can't let ourselves go down....we have to find courage and strength to continue to fight so we can win the battle...Show your body that you are more stubborn than him! :yes:
    Stress is such an enemy !

4. Perja I am feeling that way myself lately - I get this way every year around summertime as I hate the way I look even though I'm not overweight..I always want to be thin and pretty like everyone else and feel like I'm not. I have a very bad self esteem, always have...so I feel your pain. Try to lift your spirits and realize you are seeing yourself NOT as others see you. I swear I see myself in a funhouse mirror lol. Remember, we are always much harder on ourselves than we should be most of the time. You ARE beautiful, inside and out.

5. <<<<Perja>>>>
    Is there a way you can schedule some time to do something just for you? I think that when things are going poorly, it is extra important to take great care of yourself. I just wanted to tell you that I am sorry you are having a rough time, and to take care! Things will get better! Take some time for yourself, even if it is a bubble bath or reading a book at the park. :flowers:

6. Hang in there, Perja! I have bouts where I feel that way too. I put on Christina Aguilera "Beautiful" song and sometimes it cheers me up. You are beautiful and you deserve to be happy! :flowers:

7. Perja, I am right there with you, girl! I so know what it's like to be totally down on yourself. Self-talk is one of the most important things. When you put yourself down in your mind, try to stop. Then "talk" to yourself in a kind, loving way. It's hard to do, but can really make a difference. I hope you have better days ahead. :biggrin: :heart:

8. It must be in the water! I have been having so much fun wallowing in my own self-pity recently. I have a lot of crap going on in my life as well and I've basically shut down. Yesterday was the binge from hell so I experienced a great of self-loathing at my total lack of will power. Today was a little bit better, but I still have a long way to go.

It will eventually get better. You will just have to find a way to cope during the "rough" times which I totally understand is no small feat. Do something special just for you. I'm going away this weekend with friends for a shopping trip. I felt guilty about planning it and being away from my son, but I need to this for me.

Be a little selfish and have some fun! You DESERVE it!:yes:

9. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm feeling rather crappy also, but I'm also pms'ing. So that doesn't help. I haven't been able to excercise like I want to because we've been so busy with DH's family and I've about had it. We haven't had a weekend to ourselves in awhile and I need it. I could use some serious retail therapy right now to ease the pain.
    Oh and honey...I feel like I'll never be good enough for myself for the rest of my life also all the time, I'm pretty harsh, and aren't we all? so try not to to convince yourself of all the bad things that run through your head!!

10. I don't have any gems of knowledge, but reading your post made me want to pass on *HUGS* to you. I hope you can look in the mirror soon and feel incredible once again! Sorry for all the stress you are dealing with! My thoughts are with you!

11. Perja I hope you feel better soon. May I advise you to stop drinking coffee and switch to cool, clear water and that will help flush out toxins including the caffine you are oding on which will all lead to much needed sleep for you.

12. hope u start feeling better.. do something special for urself on a regular basis.. do something fun and healthy..... coz when u r healthy, u get more energy n do more stuff..(gosh, following this advice sounds good for me too.....)

13. Excellent advice! Cheer up! Hope you'll feel better soon.

14. Thanks!!
    I'm trying to reduce my caffeine consumption, which helped a little bit (but still, I miss it) and just chilling out more. I think the tiredness is catching up on me.

15. Perja, I am sorry that you are having such a rough time now and I hope you feel better soon. I am sending you virtual flowers :flowers: and a great big hug.

I am right there with you. I am so stressed out with work and so many other personal problems going on right now. I work almost 9 hours a day and sit in traffic for another two hours that when I get home all I want to do is crash. I need to lose weight badly, I don't want to be fat in my sister's wedding pictures but I cannot seem to make myself exercise or eat right.

I have tried this for the past week and I do feel a little better and I find that it has helped me sleep better too. Now if I can just get some exercise maybe I will look better too.