Feel like vomiting... accused of selling a fake

Now she is saying she thinks it is a fake because it says "Made in China". I called Cole Haan, who of course confirmed that they manufacture bags in China, and I encouraged her to do the same. Hopefully that will settle this. We shall see....

Sorry, it is a sick feeling. I always send them here if we are accused of anything regarding authenticity. But when someone has buyer's remorse and they claim the item isn't authentic so you'll take it back, they know the answer they are going to receive by the experts so they won't come here.

Then you can be assured they are just plain bad people. We started keeping a database of these people, not just our blocked bidder list. We keep Ebay ID's, Names, City, States, phone numbers and the reason they are on the list. You would be very surprised to find out how many try to bid on something again in a month or two, or from one of our other companies or people we share the list with and forget what they said in the first place.

Cole Haan... I sold over 500 of them over 5 years so try and get her in here.

Raised by wolves??

Ohhhhh, the old Made in China! Why is it that people can get a grip on the global economy? People still think all Coach is manufactured in the USA, Kate Spade in NY, Gustto (because of the name) Italy, Chanel only in France... I could go on and on. You did the right thing.

This seems to be happening more and more ....... buyers remorse so they pull out the old "fake" excuse. Ebay is not a store, you don't take it home try it out and decide, mmmmm not for me!
I would make her prove it's a fake, I know it's frustrating and certainly doesn't help when you're having a bad week, but based on the fact that CH is made in China, what will be her next excuse?
Hang in there, keep us posted!

Ohhhhh, the old Made in China! Why is it that people can get a grip on the global economy? People still think all Coach is manufactured in the USA, Kate Spade in NY, Gustto (because of the name) Italy, Chanel only in France... I could go on and on. You did the right thing.

I know... I even added in to my last e-mail that even Coach manufactures in China now. This information seems to be pretty readily available ont he internet. I am not a huge Coach person, but I have known this for a while.

And, I mean, Cole Haan is nice, but it is still a mid-range bag. Some pretty decent stuff can come out of Chinese factories these days.

Dear Ligatrix,I can"t believe what I've read,it's really upsetting.In fact it's not the first time I've heard about such a thing:one of my friend who sells only beautifull items(most are Hermès) has got a negative feedback by a new ebayer,accused of selling fakes!!!My friend was so sad,more than 200 positive feedbacks and one neg for one the lowest price!!!
Hope it will have a good issue.But when you're honest it's always:sick: to be accused unfairly!
Take care!

Ok, just heard back from her again. She seems to be ok with it now. I guess she really just didn't think Cole Haans were made in China; she indicated that she had others that were not, so I suppose it came as a surprise. I think it is all worked out and she will keep it--I will feel better when I get a positive feedback from her, though.

Thanks everyone. I seriously couldn't sleep last night because of all this mess on my mind.

I never back down when I am selling authentic merchandise. I think by offering a refund it is almost like admitting you are selling a fake. We sellers of authentic goods must, in my opinion, stand by our merchandise. I had a similar situation w/ a Burberry wallet that I purchased on 57th. St in NYC. I was very direct with the buyer and told her I had absolutely no intention of refunding her and that I stand behind my merchandise. I told her to go have it authenticated and if she can prove anything I would consider a refund. She disappeared...I would rather risk a negative than back down. Maybe I am too stubborn but I feel we need to take a stand against uneducated consumers and people who simply have buyers remorse.

^^ yeah, I probably shouldn't have caved so easily. I was just sortof panicked as this had never happened before. I definitely would not have refunded her shipping and the eBay fees unless she could prove it wasn't authentic, though. I think she is keeping it after all, so it all seems to have worked itself out. If this was a bag I bought to sell I probably would have been more strict.

I once had a buyer claim one of my bags was fake, then changed her mind and stole my pics and auction wording to resell it. I notified eBay and they cancelled her auction.

Then it got really bad. She had my address (from the package) and e-mail address. She got my phone number from eBay. Then she started signing me up for every credit card offer, second mortgage, online university (I actaully got a call from an admissions counselor), ED medication, and any other scam or spam she could online. I know it was her, because a couple of the e-mails I got had the same ISP number as her e-mails.

I finally had to contact the police in her hometown and have an attorney write her a letter to get her to stop! I also had to change my ISP and my e-mail address. It was awful! All over a stupid used kate spade bag!

I once had a buyer claim one of my bags was fake, then changed her mind and stole my pics and auction wording to resell it. I notified eBay and they cancelled her auction.

Then it got really bad. She had my address (from the package) and e-mail address. She got my phone number from eBay. Then she started signing me up for every credit card offer, second mortgage, online university (I actaully got a call from an admissions counselor), ED medication, and any other scam or spam she could online. I know it was her, because a couple of the e-mails I got had the same ISP number as her e-mails.

I finally had to contact the police in her hometown and have an attorney write her a letter to get her to stop! I also had to change my ISP and my e-mail address. It was awful! All over a stupid used kate spade bag!

Seriously, who ARE these people???

I think this woman I am dealing with was just honestly misguided... I am waiting for the day that I deal with a true crazy (not looking forward to it)!

I know how you feel, there are some really stupid buyers.. I mean very stupid.. I sold Authentic Coach wallets in the past, and i sold a good amount of them, I had many satisfied customers. But this one time this lady was sooo rude. I mean it gets so annoying when you try to be so nice to your customers, and they treat you like SH#%.. This lady accused me of selling a fake coach wallet.. I told her you can take yourself and your "fake" coach wallet to the coach store and authenticate it. I knew 1000% for sure that my items were 1000% authentic.. She said coach does not authenticate items at her coach store, now i dont know if she was lying but, i guess some coach stores don't?? Then i told her you can return it since i did not want problems..Then she said refund me first then i will return the wallet. Then i told her i was going to report her to eBay... she got so scared and never replied, she kept the wallet.. Sometime you also have to be a little confident and a little tough when it comes to rude buyers.. Tell this lady to provide papers from the boutique.. What an idiot why would an item be fake if it is made in CHINA.. COACH and kooba for example is made in china.. Tell her to educate herself before she jumps into conclusions.. I think to get over this migraine just refund that idiot.. Sorry about your whole week, things get better with time...

Don't refund any money until she sends the bag back. Don't refund any of the shipping costs. As for ebay fees, you can get all your fees credited by mutually agreeing not to complete the transaction.

I've been tempted to sell on ebay-but your story and others like it have stopped me. How frustrating. Don't refund anything until you get the item back! Ebay has become full of scammers!

You know what is strange? The first and only time this happened to me it was with a Cole Haan bag too!! I was freaked, cause like you said, who fakes Cole Haan? Anyway the woman said her daughter worked at JC Penny and could tell a fake from a real,,,uh right. Then she did not want her money back, left me a positive, but said "the bag is fake as hell, but I like it". I wonder if it is the same person.